Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He has his weakneses like not tracking back and probably being a bit light weight, as well as one footed, but his technical ability is certainly not in question and I would have him over green or adomah any day of the week.

Not wanting to be argumentative but not tracking back is a huge weakness for me and we can’t afford to have a player like that. 

I’m sure he is a better “footballer” than Green and Adomah but I also want someone who’ll put a shift in

All this said I think we will bring two or three more in yet and so not such a worry

37 minutes ago, useless said:

Phillips was also on the list, I doubt we'd be in advance talks for him if he was an alternative to Luiz. It's worth remembering that at Girona Luiz didn't actually play as a defensive midfielder, and Phillips himself before last season was more of an attacking midfielder, so no reason why wouldn't want to sign both.

I think we absolutely are or have been in advanced talks with Leeds regarding Phillips, I don’t particularly think it’s gone well or in our favour but you can be in advanced talks without getting the deal over the line and then moving on.

Edited by Hobbit Feet

50 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Don’t knock Connor ... I did and it blew up massively in my face  😂🤣😂 no way he could of known about Douglas Luiz other than being ITK 

They were all on NewsNow before. 

Douglas Luiz wasn't on newsnow, that guy on twitter was the first to mention him in public as a possible VIlla signing anywhere.

Edited by useless

5 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

They were all on NewsNow before. 

Douglas Luiz broke from nowhere this morning .... he posted that yesterday afternoon ... Luiz was not managed previously . The others yes Luiz definitely not ... 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I hope you’re right about Jota I really do - I’d got him earmarked as a squad player at best

On your other point, My original response was to someone who felt that our midfield was “immense” and the we could be challenging nearer the top than the bottom

like you I’ll be happy with 17th this time round

This level of negativity is laughable and unwarranted

• Like 1

I don't think that chap is ITK. He's plucked a player and got lucky. Maybe Naive.

If he is, Dean Smith will be getting a wrist slap for telling his son club transfer plans. In turn, I'm sure Smith's son will be in a lot of trouble from daddio.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Right winger Steven Berghuis being mentioned [@theguardian]? Out statted Martin Odegaard last season who a few got excited about earlier this window? 

Seen it randomly mentioned on twitter but can’t see anything else on the interweb. 

You got a link? 

11 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Right winger Steven Berghuis being mentioned [@theguardian]? Out statted Martin Odegaard last season who a few got excited about earlier this window? 

Wasn’t he on loan at Watford a few seasons ago ... name rings a bell ... 

edit: just checked and yes he was 

Edited by thabucks

20 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Seen it randomly mentioned on twitter but can’t see anything else on the interweb. 

You got a link? 

Actually no (other than twitter), it’s BS I reckon. Nice while it lasted.

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

Not wanting to be argumentative but not tracking back is a huge weakness for me and we can’t afford to have a player like that. 

I’m sure he is a better “footballer” than Green and Adomah but I also want someone who’ll put a shift in

All this said I think we will bring two or three more in yet and so not such a worry

I think we are going to play 3 Cbs under Smith so we won’t have traditional wingers needing to track back.

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

I think we are going to play 3 Cbs under Smith so we won’t have traditional wingers needing to track back.

I did wonder this myself, our signings have a different formation suggestion

10 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I did wonder this myself, our signings have a different formation suggestion

I hope we follow the York City model and just send them all out there.