Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

It would be bad decision to sell high quality international player like Bjarnason, Villa will need that kind of quality in PL. Championship is a bulldog division and player like Kodja, Bjarnason and many other dissapear in that kind of football which is totally different from Premier League. There are also lots of players who have been very good in Championship and have dissapear in PL. 

im not overly keen on Kodjia personally, however you cant really say he didnt succeed in the Championship, the dude scored 48 goals in 139 appearances for BCFC and AVFC. (pretty much 1 in 3, 1 in 2.9 to be exact)

Not super prolific, but a decent goals to game return for a Championship striker.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

im not overly keen on Kodjia personally, however you cant really say he didnt succeed in the Championship, the dude scored 48 goals in 139 appearances for BCFC and AVFC.

Not super prolific, but a decent goals to game return for a Championship striker.

To be fair that is with 2 injury riddled seasons with us that accounted for about 50-60 games. And his first season in the championship. But that seems awfully low. Didn't he score 19 for Bristol and 19 for us on top of 9 this year. That would mean he only scored 3 goals in 2 seperare seasons which doesn't seem right. 

5 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

It would be bad decision to sell high quality international player like Bjarnason, Villa will need that kind of quality in PL. Championship is a bulldog division and player like Kodja, Bjarnason and many other dissapear in that kind of football which is totally different from Premier League. There are also lots of players who have been very good in Championship and have dissapear in PL. 

Bjarnason is a shit jobber that looked barely Championship quality at times. Let it go

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/07/2019 at 00:56, Johnnyp said:

Or even a few summers back i was excited when we were signing jedinak and de laet. What we are doing now, how we are operating - night and day really.

Well that window picked up at the end when we signed Kodjia, Adomah and McCormack.

It's still a bit of an unknown for me given the lack of top level experience some of the signings have. Last summer for example I was just as excited when we got Tammy Abraham in as there was a proven 25 goal a season striker for level we were operating at. Previous summer i also liked getting in Snodgrass and of course John Terry also got the excitement levels up.

Any transfer window when we get in quality players to improve first 11 is a good and exciting one. The worst ones to me were summers 2013 and 2014 when we signed Tonev, Helenius, Bacuna, Okore, Sanchez, Joe Cole, Senderos, Richardson and whoever else was vying for worst prem 11. Ironcially best deal we made over those two summer was getting in Jed Steer for low fee and we had to wait years for him to break through.

This summer is similar to 2015 in terms of signing players we don't have huge knowledge of but I would say we're at completely different stage as a club so it's better strategy now than it was then.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

im not overly keen on Kodjia personally, however you cant really say he didnt succeed in the Championship, the dude scored 48 goals in 139 appearances for BCFC and AVFC.

Thats right he has good record, but i think players with there kind of international experience are more valuable in PL than in lower leagues.

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Out of interest, where do you think we will finish? I’m hoping for about 14th, you think a lot better than that do you?

Aiming for 9-11th hopefully higher. There are junk teams in the PL that have been treading water 

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

To be fair that is with 2 injury riddled seasons with us that accounted for about 50-60 games. And his first season in the championship. But that seems awfully low. Didn't he score 19 for Bristol and 19 for us on top of 9 this year. That would mean he only scored 3 goals in 2 seperare seasons which doesn't seem right. 

Kodjia scored:

2015/16 - 19 in 45 (BCFC)

2016/17 - 0 in 4 (BCFC)

2016/17 - 19 in 26 (AVFC)

2017/18 - 1 in 15 (AVFC)

2018/19 - 9 in 39 (AVFC)

thats 48 goals in 139 championship games.

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bjarnason is a shit jobber that looked barely Championship quality at times. Let it go

There are no shit jobber in top 3 leagues in England. And for sure there are no shit jobber who cap over 80 games for national team who have play in final of last two major tournament. BB was voted mom in last match for Iceland who won Turkey in euro qualify, Gylfi Sigurdsson one of 4 best AMC in premier league came second.

1 minute ago, Jonsi77 said:

There are no shit jobber in top 3 leagues in England. And for sure there are no shit jobber who cap over 80 games for national team who have play in final of last two major tournament. BB was voted mom in last match for Iceland who won Turkey in euro qualify, Gylfi Sigurdsson one of 4 best AMC in premier league came second.

Quality wins in Premier League, not Brentford player and other Championships player who have become most expensive lower league player in the world.

15 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Out of interest, where do you think we will finish? I’m hoping for about 14th, you think a lot better than that do you?

within the top 10.....I think we will shock a few.

14 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

honest question, why do you think Thor would be a good Premiership player?, please give me something specific, not just "he's an international", or "he's good", why do you rate him?

Thor:

1) scored 53 career goals, 46 of which came in the Tippeligaen League, Serie B or Swiss Super League.

2) the other 7 goals were scored in the Championship & Serie A, and it took him 85 games to score those 7 goals.

3) Thor had 2 assists for Villa, in 47 games.

3) Thor scored 5 goals for Villa, in 47 games.

4) 53 goals in 287 games, 51of those goals were in "lower league/small league", specifically Tippeligaen League, Serie B, The Championship or Swiss Super League.

Thor is a winger/MC/AMC, how do you defend those stats?, in what way would they translate well to the Premiership?

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

7 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Quality wins in Premier League, not Brentford player and other Championships player who have become most expensive lower league player in the world.

did you just comment then reply and argue with yourself?!?!!

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

honest question, why do you think Thor would be a good Premiership player?, please give me something specific, not just "he's an international", or "he's good", why do you rate him?

Thor:

1) scored 53 career goals, 46 of which came in the Tippeligaen League, Serie B or Swiss Super League.

2) the other 7 goals were scored in the Championship & Serie A, and it took him 85 games to score those 7 goals.

3) Thor had 2 assists for Villa, in 47 games.

3) Thor scored 5 goals for Villa, in 47 games.

4) 53 goals in 287 games, 51of those goals were in "lower league/small league".

Thor is a winger/MC/AMC, how do you defend those stats?, in what way would they translate well to the Premiership?

Winger/MC and DMC. He can possison himself at highest quality (signature of many PL players). He can pass the ball in area where players run into because of hes understanding of the game. He is has sniff up a lots of freekicks in danger area who has end up being goal. He is genius in that act but few notice it. And it has been huge valuable for Icelandic team specially.

8 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

out of last 100 championship player who have been bought to PL its fair to talk about Alli :)

Maguire, Vardy, Maddison, Robertson, Wijnaldum havent done too badly