Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

8 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I'd split it and offer £17.5m each. That would be too good for any Championship club to turn down regardless. They could sign the next 10 future stars with that money.

Maybe we can part ex for Kodjia (£8m??) - giving them a solution for the loss of Maupay - and loan them Green - giving a solution for Benrahma and chance to select their successors over the next 6-12 months.

11 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

Maybe we can part ex for Kodjia (£8m??) - giving them a solution for the loss of Maupay - and loan them Green - giving a solution for Benrahma and chance to select their successors over the next 6-12 months.

I don't think we'd get more than £5m for Kodjia but it's a good shout. But, that would leave us with Hogan and Davis as our other 2 striking options. If we let Kodjia leave we'd have to get a better 3rd choice option. Find another youngster who we can swap for Hogan.

7 hours ago, useless said:

Elmohamady did brilliantly for us from an attacking point of view, I think only McGinn and Hourihane got more assists than him last season, it helped compensate for the fact they we were struggling on the right wing with Adomah being out of form, and it not really being Green's best position.

Elmo was okay but is slow and never takes on the opposite full back/always cuts back even when he has yards on the defender.  His crossing is nearly always from a deep position as well which will be easier to defend for a PL defender.  He looked much better defensively towards the back end of the season but had a shocking run mid way through when  he showed McLean inside for a goal and then did the same with Clarke against Leeds a few weeks later before giving Roofe the perfect assist for their last minute winner.

I would personally sell him to Sheff Wed (Bruce will always write a cheque for Elmo) and bring in, say, Kane for nothing??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Imagine that...  Making gossip up and posting it on the internet then threatening legal action against anyone who calls him out on it?  BTW, how many holidays has Mings been on by now?  Is this his 3rd one in two weeks?  hahaha

Well after reading some of his recent tweets he appears to not know his arse from his elbow

22 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I don't think we'd get more than £5m for Kodjia but it's a good shout. But, that would leave us with Hogan and Davis as our other 2 striking options. If we let Kodjia leave we'd have to get a better 3rd choice option. Find another youngster who we can swap for Hogan.

I think Davis' performances qualify him to be at least a third choice striker?

If we get Bowen to play on the opposite wing to Benrahma he can also play centrally!!  (I wish)

17 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I think Davis' performances qualify him to be at least a third choice striker?

If we get Bowen to play on the opposite wing to Benrahma he can also play centrally!!  (I wish)

Out of them all, I think Kodja will be here as one of our backup strikers.

Davis is not good enough as backup at this level imo and needs loaned again in a last chance saloon.

Hogan will also leave.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

If Philips falls through, wouldn’t be surprised to see us go after Teji Savanier at Nimes, he’s 27 and plays the quarterback role, tore up Ligue 1 this year. Could prob get him for £10m

I'd like for this to happen but not sure it would. Tifo podcast were raving about him the other week suggesting him as a good signing for just about any club in Europe, even the elite 

I'm just going to chuck out there that Valentin Rongier is an absolute baller and I'd love us to sign him.

Not convinced he'd work as a DM in the PL, but if we sign another good defensive midfielder he could end up forcing McGinn or Grealish out the team, that's how good he is.

Stoke getting Lindsay for £2m and Powell on a free is great business. Both could be in our squad next year, and you'd think would prefer us than Championship Stoke.

We must have some great players lined up.

46 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

is the zlatan deal done then?

Last I heard from a bloke who knows a bloke that walks 'Arry's dog is that he's flying in overnight for a medical tomorrow. 

As Villa transfer windows go,  this window, IMO, is a masterclass from the Villa so far in comparison to some previous transfer windows.

We are,  pound for pound doing as well so far as anyone.  I am so happy/proud/excited,  it's like being a little kid again.  😃

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I think there's a few people getting slightly carried away with this transfer window, it's all well and good bringing in players where needed (and there are a lot needed). However replacing too many players will have a negative effect, we can't just let Kodjia, Green, Taylor, Elmo, & Steer all go. For one you need to replace all of these players even if they are backups to the first team, we have a big enough job on our hands just getting players in to fill our first team. Secondly it may well negatively impact the dressing room, not having many players left from last season. 

Going up to the PL successfully is all about building a PL squad over multiple transfer windows. We buy a left back this window who will hopefully be our starting left back, Taylor get's pushed to backup and competes for the shirt. Next season we replace Taylor with a new left back who will push for the starting place even harder. The same goes for right back and left wing, anywhere that there is a weakness in depth.

Agree mate but I think most people would be happy for those players to stay at the club.  They just can’t be starters. 

• Like 1

I'm hearing from my sauces this morning that we are thinking about preparing a bid that we're getting ready to place on the table for hot prospect Thomm Artoket Chupp of Dijon FCO, but we might shelve the idea if the asking price is too high.

• Like 1