Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Maupay is a different type of striker to Moraes and i think would compliment him well.

Moraes could play in behind him with Jack and McGinn playing a deeper role as according to scouting reports he's more of a link man than an out and out striker.

If we can get him for 10 - 15m it's a no brainer imo.

Jimy Danger and Davies are ok backups but not good enough for prem.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

As he's from Dijon I'd suggest the sauce preference was clear.

But will he be able to cut the mustard in the PL?

• Haha 1

Someone may have said but it’s pretty imperative we get another striker as well as Wes.... it’s a lot to put on him to come straight into the prem and start scoring goals....as it would anyone coming in without prem experience granted, but at least the burden would be shared and competition will be there.

Unless jimmy can step up, which he has the ability to, hopefully being with the big boys will straighten his attitude out a little.

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Maupay and Wesley as our 2 striker options would be excellent. Look at Fulham last year, they pretty much had Mitrovic to rely on and when he was not scoring they were screwed.

Alternatively, you could say that Wolves just had Jimenez and did fine. Im not disagreeing with you though, I definitely want to see another good striker come in, and I know we play a different system to Wolves so it is hard to compare.

...I forget what point I was trying to make...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Equally, Adams is not the type of striker we should be bringing in either.

What young and has massive potential? He has been in a woeful side and scored many goals. I think he is very good personally.

But I dontvthink we are interested as we would have made a offer to them for him when we did with jota

4 minutes ago, Smartin said:

Alternatively, you could say that Wolves just had Jimenez and did fine. Im not disagreeing with you though, I definitely want to see another good striker come in, and I know we play a different system to Wolves so it is hard to compare.

I do see your point. I guess from a backup perspective though they did have Jota, Costa and Cavaleiro who all look like better options than Kodjia, Hogan and Davis.

• Like 1

Wolves just got lucky with injuries, if Jimenez had have been out for any length of time they would have been in trouble as he was pretty much their only centre forward, which is why they tried to sign Abraham in January. Costa and Cavaleiro both flopped and will probably be sold this summer, both linked to championship clubs. I think we need another striker as well as Moraes, but we're also going to need the likes of Jota, El Ghazi, Grealish and whichever other winger we sign to contribute towards our goals, we don't want it to be like the last time we were in the Premier league when we were too dependent on Benteke.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What young and has massive potential? He has been in a woeful side and scored many goals. I think he is very good personally.

But I dontvthink we are interested as we would have made a offer to them for him when we did with jota

But he plays in a 4-4-2, feeding of the scraps that Jukovics (spelling) creates, so wouldn't work for Smith's 4-3-3.  We signed a second striker a few years back and that didn't work out too well!

17 minutes ago, Smartin said:

Cavaleiro, Costa, and sometimes Adama upfront (lol)

I think Tammy might have been told he cant leave until the new Chelsea manager is in place to decide if he wants him or not. In which case we might not have seen the last of him in a Villa shirt.

Edited by Mazrim

1 minute ago, Mazrim said:

I think Tammy might have been told he cant leave until the new Chelsea manager is in place to decide if he wants him or not. In which case we might not have seen the last of him in a Villa shirt.

Hopefully not. They normally play with 1 striker and it would seem that Giroud, Batshuayi and Abraham are the options if Chelsea can't sign anyone.

Only thing is I think Lampard (if he gets the job) will look to give a lot of game time to the likes of Hudson-Odoi, Tomori, Loftus-Cheek, Mount and Abraham, especially with the cup competitions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flynnchin84 said:

A front three of El Ghazi, Wesley and Benrahma, with Grealish and Mcginn behind 😍.

Then if we can pull off Mings, Axel and Philips, no reason why we couldn't finish top 10 imo.

Add Butland, Targett and Maupay to that and you're right. 🙂

• Like 2