Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

So we’ve signed/nearly signed:

Hause, El Ghazi, Jota and Wesley

I think we need at least:

GK, 2xCB (Mings?), RM (Benhrama?), LB, and maybe another Striker.

So I reckon if we spend:

GK £20m

2xCBs £25m

RM £15m

LB £10-12m

ST £15m

that would take total spend to around £125m

We need that at least in my eyes, more would be good (like RB, another wide player, etc).

Edited by alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So we’ve signed/nearly signed:

Hause, El Ghazi, Jota and Wesley

I think we need at least:

GK, 2xCB (Mings?), RM (Benhrama?), LB, and maybe another Striker.

So I reckon if we spend:

GK £20m

2xCBs £25m

RM £15m

LB £10-12m

ST £15m

that would take total spend to around £125m

We need that at least in my eyes, more would be good (like RB, another wide player, etc).

Definately need a DM as well probably cost up to £20m to add to that!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

£8mill + Kalinic for Valentin Roger 🤔 

if rumoured interest either way is true ...

Would be nice but Marseille seem to have an agreement in place, they are waiting to off load before they buy.

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

I'd split it and offer £17.5m each. That would be too good for any Championship club to turn down regardless. They could sign the next 10 future stars with that money.

It's worth a try, but I think our owner would even turn that offer down, The club are in a bit of a catch 22 situation, do we sell, or do we keep? the ultimate end like all teams is to reach the Premiership and with the opening of our new stadium next year this would be the best time to keep our better players and go for promotion then, there comes a point when we have to set a high price on our players that are attracting attention, to reach our main objective.

If we are to lose some players before the start of the new season you can't blame the club for wanting a high price.

As for doing a P/X with Hogan, don't even go there 🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

Elmohamady isn't even a right-back, last time he was in the Premier league with Hull their manager came in for heavy criticism for playing him there, you can get away with playing him at full-back in the championship, but not in the Premier league. We paid £5m for Guilbert and he was rated as one of the best full-backs in Ligue 1, when we signed him so he must have something about him.

I'll have to check transfermarkt because I only remember him as RWB in a 352 most of time or RB in 442 when they played that way. 

9 minutes ago, jonjon said:

It's worth a try, but I think our owner would even turn that offer down, The club are in a bit of a catch 22 situation, do we sell, or do we keep? the ultimate end like all teams is to reach the Premiership and with the opening of our new stadium next year this would be the best time to keep our better players and go for promotion then, there comes a point when we have to set a high price on our players that are attracting attention, to reach our main objective.

If we are to lose some players before the start of the new season you can't blame the club for wanting a high price.

As for doing a P/X with Hogan, don't even go there 🤣

If we offer that now then there is a massive risk he’s not the same player that he was before his ankle operation. 

I think Brentford should sell while they can.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we offer that now then there is a massive risk he’s not the same player that he was before his ankle operation. 

I think Brentford should sell while they can.

This. Plus, Maupay is getting old so they should sell him too. He'll be 23 this year and it's all downhill from here.

I was pretty against Benrahma a week or so ago, but I'm warming to the idea now. Very unlikely though given the prices quoted.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

No he wasn't a right back, he was an attacking player made to play right back and probably didn't do to well there for Hull. He has made massive improvements in the position while he's been with us and I would say he now is a right back. I certainly wouldn't want him playing in any other position for us, ideally he will be as cover to Guilbert (who hopefully impresses, but is a complete punt to say he is going to be better). Unless we can get better extra cover but I'd say that's down on priorities.

Well according to transfermarkt.com Elmo played RB for Egypt back in 2008 so I’d say he has always switched between the positions. 

Elmo is a good squad filler, definitively not high up on the list of replacements as he can cover a few positions.

The players from brentford and Philips from Leeds. Have people seen them play a lot. I don’t really pay attention to the opposition players unless they really stand out when playing us. Probably just my ignorance as I didn’t always know who we were playing, just knew when we had home matches 🙄

Or One of Davis or RHM perhaps as they won’t both make it here ... I’m not sure on Brentford’s pay structure but cannot see hogan taking a £25k a week pay cut to go back .... 

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Always makes me laugh ‘are set to table...’ just make the offer! 

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Always makes me laugh ‘are set to table...’ just make the offer! 

boils my piss. also, this ‘journo’ literally has a Be Gambling Aware warning in his headline 😂

• Haha 1