Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

59 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm not sure. One injury to Wesley and all of a sudden we have the good but unreliable Kodja and totally unproven Davis.

Heck, Wesley is unproven. 

We need another striker. 

Exactly, we need one or two more decent strikers, if things do go wrong we can't be falling back on Kodjia and Davis that's for sure.

It would be down right dangerous to have to rely on what we just have at the moment, think we should bring in one Premier proven striker at least and as a third option as I've said before Maupay would be fantastic option to have, so yes two more.

That's why I'd sell kodjia, get rid of Hogan too, someone must be interested in those two somewhere. I think it says alot about what a strike force we built when no one wants your flipping strikers and there's no interest in taking them off your hands, you know they have severly screwed up and the club did by signing them. Yes Kodjia did wonderful for a while but now hes a shadow of himself and Hogan just never materialised into what he should of been.

Hopefully with Wesley we won't be making a similar mistake as we have with past players. I've only seen one bit of bad business since new Owners have been here and that's Kalanic. But even I question if that was bad business though because I actually think it could of been 7 mill well spent when Steer seemed to just kill of the competition. Without Kalanic would Steer have been so good as he was for us, I think no he may of not.

But yeah I think there's still many signings we need to make, another one-one-two strikers, two wingers, few more midfielders, couple more CBs, LB and a RB and a keeper perhaps. It's pretty much another team that's how skinny we look at the moment, the Premier starts in first week of August doesn't it so we need to get our skates on and get these players in as soon as we can. Remember were having to do a massive rebuild, it's not your normal signing window for us where we can bring in four to five signings, like other clubs.

Edited by Dave-R

14 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Exactly, we need one or two more decent strikers, if things do go wrong we can't be falling back on Kodjia and Davis that's for sure.

It would be down right dangerous to have to rely on what we just have at the moment, think we should bring in one Premier proven striker at least and as a third option as I've said before Maupay would be fantastic option to have, so yes two more.

That's why I'd sell kodjia, get rid of Hogan too, someone must be interested in those two somewhere. I think it says alot about what a strike force we built when no one wants your flipping strikers and there's no interest in taking them off your hands, you know they have severly screwed up and the club did my signing them.

Maupay as a THIRD option?! That has zero chance of happening! I hope we sign 1 more striker but really can't see us signing 2. Im happy to use Davis occasionally (though he might be better going off on loan). How many teams have 3 top quality strikers these days?

Don't forget it's also about game management and having a big enough squad to tactically change things up.

Maupay is a very different type of striker to Wesley, therefore it may suit us to play him over Wes against different opposition, or switch mid game if one isn't working.

We go into the season with just once main striker and teams will soon work out how to nullify us.

• Like 3

We'd probably get Che Adams for much cheaper than Maupay, word is that they need to sell him by the end of the month and he won't go for anywhere near the price that their fans had been thinking they'd get for him, as happened with Jota. But I guess whether he's better than Maupay,  if he would come to us or if we'd want him, is debatable.

2 minutes ago, Smartin said:

Maupay as a THIRD option?! That has zero chance of happening! I hope we sign 1 more striker but really can't see us signing 2. Im happy to use Davis occasionally (though he might be better going off on loan). How many teams have 3 top quality strikers these days?

Yeah maybe I'm getting ahead of myself abit with Maupay as a third but a second deffo, it would just be nice to a few good quality strikers who can do the job and not have unreliable strikers on our hands.

Isn't Davis going out on loan next season, I think he needs more experience before hitting the prem with us.

Don't know how true this is: 

According to an exclusive from TEAMtalk, Aston Villa have asked Juventus about taking their young forward Stephy Mavididi on loan ahead of the new season.

https://www.footballfancast.com/championship/aston-villa/davis-in-trouble-signing-mavididi-on-loan-would-send-worrying-message-to-young-aston-villa-star

• Like 1

On 16/06/2019 at 12:24, HalfTimePost said:

We found a gem in McGinn and you'd imagine Scotland will be a lot better now they have Steve Clarke who will be giving opportunities to so much talent up there like this thread knows there is.

FTFY.

• Like 1

Not really he's on a similar level to Maupay, he's probably actually technically better. In fact if we go into next season with Moraes, Kodjia, Hogan, and Kodjia s our strikers, then I wouldn't put it past him to out score them all, will have to see how Moraes settles.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Not really he's on a similar level to Maupay, he's probably actually technically better. In fact if we go into next season with Moraes, Kodjia, Hogan, and Kodjia s our strikers, then I wouldn't put it past him to out score them all, will have to see how Moraes settles.

Moraes and Maupay, get rid of kodjia, send Davis out on Loan.

Moraes I think without a doubt be better than what we have, but he will need competition or could risk becoming lazy like kodjia. That's another reason why I say bring in another one to two quality strikers, as the competition between them will be good for them, I doubt kodjia will keep Wesley on his toes and Davis needs more experience before he can supply it himself.

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm hearing from my sauces this morning that we are thinking about preparing a bid that we're getting ready to place on the table for hot prospect Thomm Artoket Chupp of Dijon FCO, but we might shelve the idea if the asking price is too high.

HP or Heinz??

• Haha 1