Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, LoughboroughLion said:

That villareport really does make some stuff up!

We have already gone over this. He/she doesn't make stuff up, they simply report all links in the media with a link to the source. 

They don't claim to know anything, they simply report. Hence the name..

Edited by av1

19 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm hearing from my sauces this morning that we are thinking about preparing a bid that we're getting ready to place on the table for hot prospect Thomm Artoket Chupp of Dijon FCO, but we might shelve the idea if the asking price is too high.

But will he cut the mustard? That’s the key question!

• Like 2

The Maupay link is a strange one for me seeing as we're in the process of getting Wesley signed here. I think Kodjia and Davis are fine for backup and the money should be going elsewhere, unless we're changing systems and moving to a 2 up front system. 

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The Maupay link is a strange one for me seeing as we're in the process of getting Wesley signed here. I think Kodjia and Davis are fine for backup and the money should be going elsewhere, unless we're changing systems and moving to a 2 up front system. 

Probably lazy journalists. I think there’s more in the Benrahma links. He’s what we need. 

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm not sure. One injury to Wesley and all of a sudden we have the good but unreliable Kodja and totally unproven Davis.

Heck, Wesley is unproven. 

We need another striker. 

He could take time to settle too and adjust to the league. Maupay more likely to hit the ground running having played for a couple of years with the speed and intensity of English football.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Kongolo now linked in Daily Mail; :D

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7151819/Aston-Villa-enquire-Huddersfield-defender-Terence-Kongolo.html

Aston Villa have asked about Huddersfield Town defender Terence Kongolo. 

The Holland international, 25, also has interest from Watford. Huddersfield are looking to sign Forest Green Rovers winger Reece Brown. 

Dean Smith is eager to bolster his Villa squad following promotion to the Premier League in May after a three-year absence.

And they have acted quickly already in the transfer market, capturing their third summer signing on Monday in the shape of Wolves defender Kortney Hause.  

The 23-year-old impressed during a loan spell at Villa Park during the second half of last season, making 12 appearances to help the club win promotion via the play-offs.

Hause joins Spanish midfielder Jota and Dutchman Anwar El Ghazi, who also played a significant role on loan from Lille last season, with the pair having already signed on the dotted line

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'll be honest I'm not sure if they are. Kodjia for me isntvthe same player he once was since he got injured. Davis has lots of potential but he is more a player that helps provide chances for other players. He is a pretty poor finisher tbh. I think we should consider loaning him to a championship side to see how he gets on.

I'd get rid of Hogan and rhm regardless. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wesley was leaked about 5pm one day and the official site then confirmed it about an hour later. 

Not a single bit of speculation before hand.

More of this please. 

That's what makes this window so great; a signing could be announced at any time. No more cryptic amateurish tweets from Dr Tony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'm not sure. One injury to Wesley and all of a sudden we have the good but unreliable Kodja and totally unproven Davis.

Heck, Wesley is unproven. 

We need another striker. 

If you apply the logic of 'what if he gets injured?' then we'd have an infinite number of players. I don't think either Wesley or Maupay would be happy to sit on the bench.

Just now, lexicon said:

If you apply the logic of 'what if he gets injured?' then we'd have an infinite number of players. I don't think either Wesley or Maupay would be happy to sit on the bench.

All I'm saying is that if Wesley proves to be a good signing, there is no good back up for him.

I'd get Davis on loan so he can have a full season in the championship and Maupay with Wesley would be a good duo to go into the season with Kodja as backup. No promises of being a starter, whoever is in best form and whoever does best in the Premier League starts.

I know the owners have money, but does the club really have £20m to blow on a back up striker considering how many holes there is to fill (giggity) in the squad and starting 11.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

All I'm saying is that if Wesley proves to be a good signing, there is no good back up for him.

I'd get Davis on loan so he can have a full season in the championship and Maupay with Wesley would be a good duo to go into the season with Kodja as backup. No promises of being a starter, whoever is in best form and whoever does best in the Premier League starts.

That's a hard sell. We can't expect equivalent quality on the bench to the first team, it's either totally unrealistic or the first team players aren't up to much. If players are injured, you have to make do - you can't have two Grealishes, for example.