Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

9 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I'm aware you don't rate Fred. I'd have him over Elmo. Cash is better than Elmo offensively based on tonight, and based on Elmos so so performance against Burton.

If we want something different to come on at right back, such as to stop a team that may be exploiting that side, Elmo wont help in that scenario. And with Traore coming I dont see a need for Elmo on the bench for any reason.

I would like to think the reasoning last night was we had trez on the right and cash behind, elmo could cover either position as a sub.

With traore coming in trez will be benched

That takes elmo out, or trez if you still want a duel purpose sub.

Our subs bench didn't look great last night and I would expect 2 or 3 changes to the first team in the next week or two.

I'm sure we paid 4 or so million for fred, im also sure his wages won't be anywhere near 30k so having already cleared out some of our higher earners such as mccormack and hogan plus the extra year of premier league, we can afford to keep him and swap him on the bench for elmo who is in his last year.

If he is sold then I cant see the point in anything under 8 million for him as we signed him 18 months ago and he played a decent amount of premier league games, often being our best defender last season.

If Freddie is on his way, perhaps it's to help facilitate a breakthrough in the Rashica talks. Elmo won't have any sale value, so he could be the cover for the season. A fee for Fred could help go towards a bigger initial payment to Werder. We can then look for a replacement RB next summer and still have some freedom on FFP to sign the other player or 2 we want this summer. 

Or he's just injured! 

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

If Freddie is on his way, perhaps it's to help facilitate a breakthrough in the Rashica talks. Elmo won't have any sale value, so he could be the cover for the season. A fee for Fred could help go towards a bigger initial payment to Werder. We can then look for a replacement RB next summer and still have some freedom on FFP to sign the other player or 2 we want this summer. 

Or he's just injured! 

I would love some news from the club on this.  Its all well and good doing this for a player like McCormack, but when it's someone who played the last game of the season, was by most accounts one of our better players in our second last game against Arsenal, and has publicly stated his love for the club, country and city on social media, it seriously raises questions. If there is a transfer on going that the buying club want kept secret, surely a fake injury story would be better than silence and questions being raised.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I don't like what's happening to Freddy 😥

I do. We replaced him with a better player. It's how the club should operate....granted we haven't for the past 10 years ....but if you want to progress that's what you do.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Doesn't offer anything going forward.

Did he even cross once?

Defensively he was sound but Cash is comfortably ahead of him. By a pretty big distance.

Can’t cross a big flaw in his game, he’s ok defensively,  his sliding tackle is Mark Delaney esq But one has to wonder why he has to last ditch tackle all the time, not that he did that tonight

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Good description of Taylor as well.

Don't think there is much between them tbh.

Not there isn’t but Taylor was available going forward more often than Guilbert tonight, I don’t have the knife in for Guilbert btw, but judging from the Shef Utd game he really has nothing on Cash , can’t see him making the bench while elmo is here as elmo cover cb rb and rm

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 2

Â