Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

5 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

120200456_4497576516982465_2985228338381

Excellent attitude Guillbert has, a damn good player too!  He just want's to do well at Villa.

Matty Cash can play CM and also RM/RW. Would be good see Fred at RB and Cash in front of him as both can whip a ball in!!

Guillbert is one of our much better pick up's this last 10+ years too for price we paid for him.

Yeah I was thinking this too , especially against a City or Liverpool.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yeah I was thinking this too , especially against a City or Liverpool.

Maybe even try see how they get on... this:- Cash, Dougie and McGinn in CM roles with Fred at RB and see how that goes!.. as Matty is a very good CM too he only got moved RB last season but excelled before in Central midfield & Right midfielder!! might work very well those 3.

3 very ball playing central midfielder's

Finally, we now have decent options. UTV

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If Targett gets injured at some point and no replacement for Taylor is signed then I wouldn't mind him getting a chance at left back.

7 LB appearances in 176 career games. I'd rather not

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

His exclusion from the team probably has to do with us not having space on the bench for 2 RB's. Pretty sure Deano has had to explain a similar situation last season.

I get it but I'd rather Fred, Elmo and Hause on the bench covering RB, CB and LB than Elmo, Hause and Taylor covering the same positions. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

7 LB appearances in 176 career games. I'd rather not

So? He's right footed which doesn't put him at a disadvantage against a lot of attackers who prefer to cut inside and considering Taylor never crosses the ball that can't get any worse even if he's rubbish crossing with his left foot. As a minimum he gets forward quickly so will provide an option in attack.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

So? He's right footed which doesn't put him at a disadvantage against a lot of attackers who prefer to cut inside and considering Taylor never crosses the ball that can't get any worse even if he's rubbish crossing with his left foot. As a minimum he gets forward quickly so will provide an option in attack.

I'd rather loan Sessegnon who's available and covers all left positions

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I'd rather loan Sessegnon who's available and covers all left positions

He's rumoured to be on near £70k a week, Spurs would probably want a hefty loan fee and guarantees of him starting and he was suspect defensively before sitting out pretty much all of last year. If we could get him with an option to buy it would sway me as he's undoubtedly talented.

Whether he ends up staying or going, I personally hope he stays, it's very refreshing to see a player openly wanting to stay rather than the swathes of players we've had that couldn't wait to leave. For me it tells two things, 1) we have a player who is committed and likes being at Villa and 2) there's a good atmosphere and general togetherness at the club at the moment that allows players to want to stay.

Fred has also been open in criticising his own performances when he has had a poor game etc. He's a guy I genuinely want to see do well here.

Edited by Trickster
  • Like 4

Lots of positive involvement last night, put in a great low cross before our first that should've led to a goal, drew one of their defenders away from KD then laid it off to him to assist our first, put Ollie through with a fantastic ball over the top that also should've been a goal 2nd half. I think we're gonna see him step it up if given the chance, he was one of our best defensively last year and actually one of our better crossers in terms of accuracy, he just needs to put in more of them. Having him and Cash battling it out and able to drop right in for each other would be ideal, as even with Elmo's positives, he's only going to be able to keep going for so much longer.

• Like 1

Lot's of sentimentality going around here because you like the guy.

Fact is Elmo and Cash are both comfortably better than him.

This guy can't cross and defensively he was all over the place last season. Getting some money out of him and off the wage bill would just help a lot when trying to sign some more players.

Guilbert isn't good enough for where we want to get to. Simple as that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This guy can't cross and defensively he was all over the place last season. Getting some money out of him and off the wage bill would just help a lot when trying to sign some more players.

Wrong again villalad.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Where are these so called facts? 

Â