Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

I don't really get the wondering why he isn't making the match day 18 for league games. I don't think many of us would have him in the team ahead of Cash given how Cash has played so far. Then in terms of the bench he is a right back and competing with Elmo who can play a number of positions.

Guilbert will get game time this season, certainly in the cups, and is one or two injuries/loss of form away from being in the match day 18/starting in the league. 

I think it is great that Guilbert can't get in the match day 18 as it shows how much the squad has improved.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

He has had the wind knocked out of him after been knocked down the pecking order, his heart wasn't in that.

Come on Fred, knuckle down and push Matty Cash as hard as possible for that shirt, it's a win win all round, be strong, squad is much more then just 11 players these days.

• Like 1

On 28/09/2020 at 21:03, deeps said:

When Konsa was playing RB and he was on the bench at the back end of last season said it all, really. 

but that never happened. Guilbert was injured for 4 of the 6 games while Konsa played right back and the other 2 was vs a rampant United and champions Liverpool

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

He has had the wind knocked out of him after been knocked down the pecking order, his heart wasn't in that.

Come on Fred, knuckle down and push Matty Cash as hard as possible for that shirt, it's a win win all round, be strong, squad is much more then just 11 players these days.

probably what annoyed me the most about last night. we all loved his passion when winning a GK vs arsenal last season. all his talk on social media about wanting to fight for the shirt etc and we saw none of that last night. really, really disappointing.

wonder if a loan would be good. in a year's time elmo will be out of contract and we'll be better placed to know if we need a new RB or if guilbert is up to being Cash's backup

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

He’s never been mentally strong that was evident last season 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 01/10/2020 at 20:57, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Based on tonight's performance I understand why Cash was brought in.

You are being ridiculous. You are judging him on a performance after he has only played in 3 previous competitive games in the last 6 months. No wonder he lost his man as he was rusty. Cash looked shit against united and to me was poor defensively against Sheffield and yet that gets swept under the rug because he was rusty except he has played more games than guilbert had lately yet people jump to lambast guilbert. 

Edited by MotoMkali

I like Freddie, but it looks like we are trying /tried to move him on loan to free up space.

The question is, because of his spirit and want to fight for his place, looks like we are unable to get in the attacking reinforcements we need, so are we now still keen and happy for him to stick around playing minimal games? 

I’d rather loan him out this season, then have him back around the squad next season once Elmo’s contract is up, and bring in a forward player now. However, Guilbert moving on looks unlikely now. 

Edited by villan-scott

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He just posted on his Instagram story 

“let’s go”

might be off today. 

sad if true, but frees up squad room for an incoming 

I thought that. I’ve not seen any congratulations from him after our win either, which he usually does even if not involved. I think he’ll be off on loan back to France. 

Â