Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

12 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't like Bissaka and i don't like Fred.

I like defenders who stay on their feet, reads the game well and have good positional awareness.

I know that sliding in is just his style but it's not the style that i like.

The Ouija board has spoken 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I like defenders who stay on their feet, reads the game well and have good positional awareness.

jack black wtf GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Right-back: Frederic Guilbert (Aston Villa) - 8.11 rating 

Matty Cash's arrival over the summer has left Frederic Guilbert's future at Aston Villa in doubt but the speedstar offered a reminder of his capabilities in their impressive 3-0 win away to Bristol City on Thursday evening. Guilbert was the WhoScored Man of the Match, completing 94.2% of his attempted passes as well as setting up two goalscoring opportunities. Moreover, Guilbert completed two dribbles and made three clearances.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You say it's fact that he's our worst RB (without providing any facts whatsoever) and talk about people rating him due to sentimentality. Then when someone provides actual facts that disprove your opinion, your answer is that you "like defenders who stay on their feet" and his style is "not the style you like".

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brummybloke said:

Has the best defensive stats of anyone on our team. He is a defender.

People talking like he was our most solid and reliable defender ? That's because he was.

Its really not difficult to comprehend.

Does he gain points per stat for tackles made? Paolo Maldini quote for you, “If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake “
In no Guilbert hater btw I quite like him but can’t see him dislodging Cash from that position, and Elmo’s versatility earns him a spot on the bench.

Added competition will bring out the best in most players, those that have the will and determination to fight such as Fred, it’s always an asset to have players with the right character & personality (and good age) in the squad for the longer term and he is the type to improve & progress. The players need to be pushing each other constantly to keep performing at a high level, drop off and you’re replaced in the side... this is the kind of “bigger club” mentality we need if we want to kick on and go places instead of struggling to survive by the skin of our teeth.

Hope he can stay with us for a while, we need a strong squad and different options. It’s not all about the first XI, you need a good squad to compete at this level and the drop off when a key player is injured or suspended should not be overly significant (whereby the team would almost completely be unable to compete or perform e.g. if Jack was out for a while, need others to step in and up their game. We need squad depth and options as well as bringing up the quality of the first team).

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

I really like Guilbert. He has a determination, aggression even, that I like. And I think he is a very good footballer.

I think he is not appreciated either on this forum or by the club, but I am certainly no expert. I cannot believe they want to move him on.

Can only be good, him and Cash competing for the spot. RB would be well sorted.

He comes across very well in interviews, seems to have a genuine affection for the club and wants to fight for his position, which is refreshing, considering the number of charlatans we have had here over the years, and the number of players who think they are too good for us.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Does he gain points per stat for tackles made? Paolo Maldini quote for you, “If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake “
In no Guilbert hater btw I quite like him but can’t see him dislodging Cash from that position, and Elmo’s versatility earns him a spot on the bench.

That is for a cb. Someone has to win the ball. Full backs and dms win the ball the cbs sweep up any mistakes. 

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

For tackles blocks interceptions, you know defender stuff.

Last year we lacked any tacklers when fred was out the team. Elmo doesn't tackle and is not proactive in trying to win the ball, he tries to shepherd people. While in some games that can work, I would say it is pretty useless against fast attackers.

People complain CH can only deliver a dead ball, I see elmo now as someone who can only deliver the odd cross from deep.

Its all about opinions (apart from the actual stats).

Its also about team cohesion so thats got to playva part in team choice.

18 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I really like Guilbert. He has a determination, aggression even, that I like. And I think he is a very good footballer.

I think he is not appreciated either on this forum or by the club, but I am certainly no expert. I cannot believe they want to move him on.

Can only be good, him and Cash competing for the spot. RB would be well sorted.

He comes across very well in interviews, seems to have a genuine affection for the club and wants to fight for his position, which is refreshing, considering the number of charlatans we have had here over the years, and the number of players who think they are too good for us.

I like players who show great determination and aggression too. It is a physical sport of man against man (or woman v woman) where being weak isn't really an option. They don't work out in the gym so much just to shake hands. It's a physical game and I like the way Freddie goes about his business on the pitch. 

• Like 1

If he's as good as everyone says he will either regain his place in the team - or a whole host of clubs will be vying for his signature.

As it stands RB was the first hole plugged in the summer window to the tune of £16m - and super Freddie appears to be 3rd choice behind a 34 year old Elmo - with very little reports of clubs willing to take super Fred off our hands....

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

So awesome. Dean said ages ago he wants competition for every spot to push players levels and looks like he's achieving it

Just what we need, we need players pushing each other in all positions ideally. You only get in the side if you’re performing.

• Like 2

Â