Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

Bet he forces himself into the team ahead of Cash through sheer effort at some point this season. Strikes me as a guy with a great work ethic, decent attitude, and now has a huge point to prove.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Bet he forces himself into the team ahead of Cash through sheer effort at some point this season. Strikes me as a guy with a great work ethic, decent attitude, and now has a huge point to prove.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

Really like Fred but can’t see that happening, I thought Cash was superb last season and was a big miss when injured towards the end 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chine said:

Really like Fred but can’t see that happening, I thought Cash was superb last season and was a big miss when injured towards the end 

He was a big miss due to Elmo being a catastrophe. But guilbert was a top 5 rb last season when playing. And only behind Hakimi, Cancelo, Trippier and Kimmich (does he even count plays as a CDM). And Guilbert had a sending off in that period. Which is pretty rare for his career one every 50 games. 

And whilst that may have been a hot run of form for him. The fact is he was one of the best players in Europe last season which you couldn't really say about cash at any point. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

He was a big miss due to Elmo being a catastrophe. But guilbert was a top 5 rb last season when playing. And only behind Hakimi, Cancelo, Trippier and Kimmich (does he even count plays as a CDM). And Guilbert had a sending off in that period. Which is pretty rare for his career one every 50 games. 

And whilst that may have been a hot run of form for him. The fact is he was one of the best players in Europe last season which you couldn't really say about cash at any point. 

I don't believe this at all. There might be stats and ratings on whatever website, but he achieved them in the French league, not the prem.

Having seen them both play Cash is ten times the player. More even. I'd be surprised if Guilbert caught up that much in one year on loan in France.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Guilbert was playing in a team that were shit and survived relegation on the last day of the season. He had zero support from in front of him and Hourihane offering zero defensive cover central playing modfield. Yes, Cash has had Traore doing Traore things in front of him most of the time, but the teams and performances were world's apart.

You cannot possible draw a conclusion at this stage that Cash is 10 times, or more, the player Guilbert is with any seriousness.

It's definitely true that Cash was in a better team, so I am definitely just expressing my opinion. 

I really rate Cash. I think he's been a brilliant signing. I don't rate Gilbert at all really. I'm happy for him to be backup though and it would be great if he's miraculously become prem standard. But it would surprise me a lot.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It's definitely true that Cash was in a better team, so I am definitely just expressing my opinion. 

I really rate Cash. I think he's been a brilliant signing. I don't rate Gilbert at all really. I'm happy for him to be backup though and it would be great if he's miraculously become prem standard. But it would surprise me a lot.

To each their own. I think he'll surprise you, but glad we both hope for the same outcome👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Done at Villa I think

sadly, I think you're right. Gutted for him, would love to see him give real competition to Cash. He put some great zipped balls across he face of the box vs Walsall. Ings and Watins would bag a load if we can get him involved and high up the pitch.

Â