Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Just don't see him playing , he's 26 he isn't winding down his career and he isn't a youngster learning his trade.

He needs to be playing. He won't do that here. Engels had the same problem.

Cash could get injured 1st game of the season and be out for 8 months. Why do Villa fans fear having a squad

If Man City lose Cancelo, Kyle Walker steps in

• Like 4

I'd be happy for Guilbert to partner cash, both are lightning and both love to be abit wrecklace at times in the box.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I think it was a money saving venture for FFP primarily. Have someone else pay his wages while we have Elmo as cover in his last year of contract.

Keep Guilbert fresh and playing by sending him out on loan to get game time and avoid paying his salary.

Personally, I think it was because I don't think the manager rates him at all. Maybe I will be proven wrong about that, but that's the impression I have.

4 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I'd be happy for Guilbert to partner cash, both are lightning and both love to be abit wrecklace at times in the box.

Guilbert is not close to as reckless as Cash. I know he has that appearance but he only has like 3 or 4 career red cards in like 220+ games. 

And one of them was this season. I also don't remember him giving away a penalty although I could be wrong. Guilbert is like McGinn he racks up the yellows but doesn't pickup the reds. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Guilbert is not close to as reckless as Cash. I know he has that appearance but he only has like 3 or 4 career red cards in like 220+ games. 

And one of them was this season. I also don't remember him giving away a penalty although I could be wrong. Guilbert is like McGinn he racks up the yellows but doesn't pickup the reds. 

I'm sure he gave a pen away in one game shortly after he signed if memory serves me right. Sure it was shortly after he did an Alan Hutton, you know attack like mad and then quickly on retreat to recover his loss of the ball, to only take the guy downinthe box from a slide tackle. 

Seems to be a thing with our right backs lol.

14 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Wrecklace. Completely wrong, but, it makes perfect sense!

5 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Wrecklace. Completely wrong, but, it makes perfect sense!

Yes I'd realised after what I did don't worry lol

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Cash rarely overlapped last season and Guilbert matches him in attacking output. His passing is worse but his actual crossing is just as good. 

Cash over lapped plenty last season, and pretty much 100% was ignored by traore.

Freddy G is great, cash is very similar but seems a fraction quicker into the block or interception, so is the better fit for us but Freddie G is no mug and having both of them means right back is solid for the season barring a catastrophe 

9 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Cash over lapped plenty last season, and pretty much 100% was ignored by traore.

Freddy G is great, cash is very similar but seems a fraction quicker into the block or interception, so is the better fit for us but Freddie G is no mug and having both of them means right back is solid for the season barring a catastrophe 

Cash literally has worse interception and blocking stats than Freddie did lasts season. And Freddie was in the 99th percentile at interceptions this year. 

Correction cash is marginally better at blocking. Like 0.05 more per 90.

Edited by MotoMkali

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Cash literally has worse interception and blocking stats than Freddie did lasts season. And Freddie was in the 99th percentile at interceptions this year. 

Playing in different leagues

39 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Playing in different leagues. 

No, I'm comparing cash 20-21 and Guilbert 19-20. Because if it was just this season it would be no contest. Because in the games he played Gilbert was a top 5 rb in the world. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

So cash doesn't literally have worse blocking stats 🙃

Freddie G was my favourite player the season we came up. The guy to me is already great and the very little difference between the 2 means we have right back nailed.

It will make a huge difference, elmo bless him was so slow and passive and negative, going from that to Freddy G will mean we can still play the same intense way.

2 hours ago, brummybloke said:

So cash doesn't literally have worse blocking stats 🙃

Freddie G was my favourite player the season we came up. The guy to me is already great and the very little difference between the 2 means we have right back nailed.

It will make a huge difference, elmo bless him was so slow and passive and negative, going from that to Freddy G will mean we can still play the same intense way.

I corrected myself which is why it says correction. I believe Freddie was higher percentile. But cash had slightly more per 90

Ashley Preece in the Birmingham Mail. The very last line. "...Villa are expected to keep hold of every one of their first-team roster, including Frederic Guilbert."

Personally think this is a good move. No point spending an outlay on a position where we have a fine backup to Cash already in house. Fopcus our resources elsewhere.

• Like 2

Â