Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

29 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Hopefully that performance will shut up the doubters. He ran that defence, not Man City’s Stones or Walker or At Madrid’s Trippier. 

Only once voice was heard barking out commands. 

he was being scapegoated before the tournament even started. 

Don’t tell that to all the pundits. Every player ratings article I’ve seen says the same thing: “Stone was the heart of the defense and commanded brilliantly.”

• Like 1

First five minutes he seemed a little too eager to be involved, probably just a few nerves, but eased himself in to the game after that and was solid as you like. Tougher tests ahead but a great start.

Thought a few of the Croats tried to get to him a couple of times, but he didn't let it bother him, Stones actually reacted more than he did to the dirty tricks.

Really pleased for him, hopefully that performance eases a bit of pressure off him for the next few games.

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

If Maguire gets fit, he should partner Mings, but he won't, fools.

Idiots on the BBC described him as doing well as a stand-in for Maguire. Who pays these morons? Oh.....🤬

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Idiots on the BBC described him as doing well as a stand-in for Maguire. Who pays these morons? Oh.....🤬

Shocking Dave, there is no theory, tactics, strategy, anything, just biased basic opinions.

They are literally stealing money.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Shocking Dave, there is no theory, tactics, strategy, anything, just biased basic opinions.

They are literally stealing money.

Jermaine Jenas is truly terrible you can almost hear him trying to say something clever as he flicks through Football Punditry For Idiots. 

18 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Jermaine Jenas is truly terrible you can almost hear him trying to say something clever as he flicks through Football Punditry For Idiots. 

I've always thought he was a male double for Amanda Holding

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I know I am biased but I thought he was one of the better players on the pitch today. Delighted for him!

WhoScored had him as the third best player for us, behind Phillips and Sterling. Presumably Sterling's stats were boosted considerably by the goal.

https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/1404090928789442562?s=19

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

If Maguire gets fit, he should partner Mings, but he won't, fools.

I don't think slabhead should be starting. Mings and Stones is a good partnership. Some of the tackles and blocks they made and they were high-fiving each other like the two old men for Italy do. I'd play Chilwell at left back though. The top 3 clean sheet teams in defence last season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Don’t tell that to all the pundits. Every player ratings article I’ve seen says the same thing: “Stone was the heart of the defense and commanded brilliantly.”

Sky gave Mings 7 , the highest rating of the back line and Stones 6

The media reaction to him is infuriating, especially when you hear or read that he's only in to provide balance, and that Coady is more of a leader.

In fact, it boils my piss. Said it before in this thread, but he's more than just a centre half. Listen to any of his in depth interviews, the one he did with Jake Humphreys for example. Listen to him on the pitch FFS. Tyrone is the definition of leader. Yes, he drops a clanger occasionally, but look how much things have improved at the villa since he came in. He's a big reason for our improvement. Lazy media just don't want to know 😠

• Like 2

Â