Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Yeah they are in trouble.  This from an article pre lockdown. Worst part is outside of David Brooks and Josh King they aren't going to get a lot transfer wise. 

SmartSelect_20200726-140748_The Athletic.jpg

They’ll get £40m plus for Ake. That’ll easily reset the books.

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

They’ll get £40m plus for Ake. That’ll easily reset the books.

They are paying big wages though as well. Solanke and Wilson be on big money so will the big money signings like Lerma and Billing. As I said in the club thread I wouldnt be surprised if they do worse firtune than Portsmouth in coming seasons

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They are paying big wages though as well. Solanke and Wilson be on big money so will the big money signings like Lerma and Billing. As I said in the club thread I wouldnt be surprised if they do worse firtune than Portsmouth in coming seasons

Yep they are in trouble.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Their massive support will help them out.

Oh. Whoops.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

That Solanke transfer is going to be a killer, surely nobody will want to touch him.

At least the others you've mentioned, and King, teams will want.

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

That Solanke transfer is going to be a killer, surely nobody will want to touch him.

At least the others you've mentioned, and King, teams will want.

Sounds like you missed the summer transfer thread earlier today. A few were suggesting Solanke...! 

Mings has tweeted his condolences to Bournemouth this evening, class act. 

21 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Interesting challenge if we get bids for mings. Hes 27 this year so his resale only goes down, if the club can turn a 10-15m profit in a year it maybe hard to resist.

Nah he is just coming into his peak, he has learnt lots from this season and will only get better imo, we won't even consider selling him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Nah he is just coming into his peak, he has learnt lots from this season and will only get better imo, we won't even consider selling him.

But isnt the model to buy, sell and reinvest. His coming into his prime years but resale value will diminish. If a bid came in that gave an immediate 15m profit, I'd expect us to consider.

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Some of the most disappointing comments by “fans” I’ve seen on here (granted, I haven’t been here that long) have been the disgusting character attacks on Mings. One of the more humorous ones was that he developed a social platform thanks to us and then decided Villa weren’t important and his social media life was all that mattered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

But isnt the model to buy, sell and reinvest. His coming into his prime years but resale value will diminish. If a bid came in that gave an immediate 15m profit, I'd expect us to consider.

Are you genuinely a Villa fan!?

We aren't Brentford. Plus we have some of the richest owners in world football, and who cares what the 'model' is. We will 100% not consider a miserable 15m profit on a consummate professional, leader, and player who seems to embody Villa's sense of recent success.

• Like 4

needs to be a core part of our teams ongoing development, imo he should be captain. (not saying Grealish isnt worthy, but i think Mings is a better leader of men)

Personally i would have Mings as captain, and McGinn as vice captain.

This isnt taking away from Grealish, he is clearly our best player, but i also think he's not a captain type, but you can be an amazing player and not a captain type.

imo we need to build our developing team around Mings, Konsa, McGinn, Luiz and Grealish (if we can keep them)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Are you genuinely a Villa fan!?

We aren't Brentford. Plus we have some of the richest owners in world football, and who cares what the 'model' is. We will 100% not consider a miserable 15m profit on a consummate professional, leader, and player who seems to embody Villa's sense of recent success.

Such a boring unnecessary comment.

I've said no where that I would sell him, I've speculated about what villa may do if offered the chance to turn quick profit. The reality is our name means little, like all clubs we have FFP targets and our players will have a selling price. We will need to sell players to generate funds.

It's a forum to engage in conversation, it is possible to respond without being offensive you know.

• Like 1

Â