Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Really not sure he earned this call-up but hey ho, good for him.

If the idea is to play him at left back, that’s completely mad.

Maybe not if the idea is to see if he can cover as sub for a LB and a CB in a tournament squad to free up a position elsewhere.

well done Tyrone.

those saying he doesnt deserve it, tbh if you look at our CB options, they dont fill you with excitement:

Keane - okey dokey

Maguire - Smooth Criminal

Gomez - decent

Stones - Calamity Stones

Mings is proabably decent on balance, compared to the above (especially for the left side)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

That would be crazy if Southgate does that. 

he could tho, after all, he did start as a LB, and has probably played more career games as a LB than CB.

Granted tho, would prefer to see him as a CB.

If covering LB gives him more chances to play, would be cool with that.

Playing left back might benefit his game a little. By how much is anyone's guess. Although with the criminal being pulled out of the squad I'd say Mings has to start in the centre? 

Edited by Sulberto21

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

he could tho, after all, he did start as a LB, and has probably played more career games as a LB than CB.

Granted tho, would prefer to see him as a CB.

If covering LB gives him more chances to play, would be cool with that.

He hasn't played lb for nearly 2 seasons. He's in the England squad because of his form at cb, why wouldn't you just call a lb into the squad? Mings is not the best English lb we have. 

Also not good for us. I'm sure he said he switched to cb because his body couldn't take the running involved at lb. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

He hasn't played lb for nearly 2 seasons. He's in the England squad because of his form at cb, why wouldn't you just call a lb into the squad? Mings is not the best English lb we have. 

Also not good for us. I'm sure he said he switched to cb because his body couldn't take the running involved at lb. 

There's is so many half decent options at lb as well. Saka, Shaw even Brandon Williams. Madness

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I hope the press rip him apart if he does that.

If I'm not mistaken Gomez also plays LB so now that I think of it, that's probably the likelier scenario. Mings should be starting at CB, especially now that Maguire is not in the team.

54 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Really not sure he earned this call-up but hey ho, good for him.

If the idea is to play him at left back, that’s completely mad.

He played far better after the restart.  One of the reasons why we stopped shipping so many goals and ultimately stayed up. 

Ironically Jack didn't play so well after the restart. 

Â