Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep. Luiz for me has been a example of a true player i want at this club. Mings and grealish not ingerested so let them go.

Villa is bigger than both of them. I wont cry for either one as the lack of effort just angers us

I’ll probably get abuse for saying this, but I think Grealish and Mings are more concerned with their public profile, more concerned with their social media image to promote themselves. Granted that can be said about many modern players these days, but I don’t think it helps the team on the pitch. 

• Like 4

He would be three times the player he is playing next to a more experienced centre back, shouting orders at him. Charisma alone doesn't make you a leader, you have to actually be able to do the business. If the leader of your defence in the prem has only played a handful of games in that division, and not even in that position, you are asking for trouble. 

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yep. Luiz for me has been a example of a true player i want at this club. Mings and grealish not ingerested so let them go.

Villa is bigger than both of them. I wont cry for either one as the lack of effort just angers us

I'm not sure that's fair, it just happens that Luiz is playing well now when Jack wasn't when there was a huge swathe of the season where it was the other way round.  I think they all care but collectively confidence is completely shot, sadly the ability isn't there nor the fitness but there aren't many that I think haven't tried their best both pre and post lockdown.

He's a good defender that is still learning, which is a bit unusual for his age. 

He shouldn't have been so far up the pitch and should have fouled Greenwood to stop the attack. 

Our players don't see the cynical 'Man City' foul yet, or they aren't quick thinking enough to do it. 

• Like 1

Been found out big time at this level, Simply hasn't got the minerals. 

Good fizzy pop league player in the coca cola or whoever the **** sponsors it nowadays 

Poor/Average at best in the Premier League. 

On current form we would be very lucky to recover half of what we paid out.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

He's an average PL defender. Nothing more. And even saying this I'd say is pretty generous.

We overpaid for him. Fullstop.

A average youngish England central defender is about 20 million so it was a fair price. You sometimes forget how much money there is in the Premier League. If you have two legs and can run a bit you will be worth 10 million minimum.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not sure that's fair, it just happens that Luiz is playing well now when Jack wasn't when there was a huge swathe of the season where it was the other way round.  I think they all care but collectively confidence is completely shot, sadly the ability isn't there nor the fitness but there aren't many that I think haven't tried their best both pre and post lockdown.

I think its perfectly fair. You dont see lazy disinterested defending like mings is consistently doing. He isnt even trying. Where is the mings from last season? Complete different player.

As for grealish when we are losing and playing poorly i dont want to see our captain a so called villa fan smiling without a care in the world.

Despite my feelings towards smith i can see he is hurting where we are. Grealish dont care. Like @OxfordVillan says more interested in his social media profile.

Captain non fantastic 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

You sometimes forget how much money there is in the Premier League. If you have two legs and can run a bit you will be worth 10 million minimum.

when we go down we should be able to get £5m for Hourihane then  :)

• Haha 2

Mings would be better next to someone like Cahill. An experienced head. 

Unfortunately he has been poor this season. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kingman said:

Been found out big time at this level, Simply hasn't got the minerals. 

Good fizzy pop league player in the coca cola or whoever the **** sponsors it nowadays 

Poor/Average at best in the Premier League. 

On current form we would be very lucky to recover half of what we paid out.   

I was just about to post how much we'd get for him when we go down? Surely no mug would hand over £26 million for him?

Also don't think his ego could handle playing in the Championship again....

56 minutes ago, Xela said:

Mings would be better next to someone like Cahill. An experienced head. 

Unfortunately he has been poor this season. 

Smith would probably find a way to make Cahill look awful.

Can’t see him getting a move, we’d at least want to recoup what we paid.  At least if we retain him we’ll know we’ve got one of the best defenders in the championship.

As most clubs will be struggling financially due to the pandemic that it's unlikely anyone will pay £25m+ for him. Whilst I think there's a chance he'll push for a move if we go down I'm hoping we have stronger owners and are in a better financial position than last time. I've not heard anything about relegation release fees so hopefully we can say tough we refuse to lower our prices.

I’m so glad people are waking up to the “public profile” point. We have given him a platform to get back into the limelight and pursue his personal interests. Great for him - it’s gotten him into the England squad and everyone has now heard of him. Job done in that respect really. Not what Villa need, however. Get rid. 

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How can you blame hause for mings fault yesterday? Mings has been fraefful for a while. He looks like he doenst care and accepted we are down.

Nice guy but ashit defender that really doesnt care. He looks like he is absolutely not interested and just wants season to end.

Perhaps I've missed that but it's not the way I see it. Mings has had the layed back attitude all along, chewing his gum and smiling, but at the same time showed passion. I haven't noticed that he doesn't care any more, perhaps you are right, just haven't noticed it.

I dont really get the fuss about his mistake, was it that he put his knee down for a block instead of rushing towards Greenwood? I agree he looked passive and that was the wrong decision, but not really a howler was it? Or was it something else in that incident that he did wrong that I didn't notice? Usually Mings has the right instinct and throws his body on the ground in front of the opponents, he usually also makes last ditch tackles. Compared to Hause, that is exactly what I constantly have been criticising Hause for, he never throws his body on the line or makes last ditch tackles. If Mings gets stick for on one or two occations going for the block instead of throwing himself on the line, what does that say about Hause who goes for the block or stands passive all the time?

I didn't blame Hause for that particular fault by Mings, my point was that Mings has not been at his best of lately and that Hause in general may have contributed to that. Mings has to constantly point to him where to be and needs to cover for him when he drifts out of position. I think this may contribute to Mings decline. With Engels for example, Mings can be more assured that Engels is in the right position and takes the right decisions more often (though Mings still needs to cover for him as he is slow on the turn).

Shit defender is the last thing I would say about Mings, he was immense last season and at the start of this season up until his injury. He sniffs out danger, is fast, makes last ditch tackles, has a superb passing ability. Agree he has looked rusty since the restart, but shit defender? Come on, like last season and the beginning of this season and his England caps haven't happened?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

I’ll probably get abuse for saying this, but I think Grealish and Mings are more concerned with their public profile, more concerned with their social media image to promote themselves. Granted that can be said about many modern players these days, but I don’t think it helps the team on the pitch. 

I'm not sure if going out on the lash in the middle of lockdown is what someone 100% focused on their public profile does. 

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Perhaps I've missed that but it's not the way I see it. Mings has had the layed back attitude all along, chewing his gum and smiling, but at the same time showed passion. I haven't noticed that he doesn't care any more, perhaps you are right, just haven't noticed it.

I dont really get the fuss about his mistake, was it that he put his knee down for a block instead of rushing towards Greenwood? I agree he looked passive and that was the wrong decision, but not really a howler was it? Or was it something else in that incident that he did wrong that I didn't notice? Usually Mings has the right instinct and throws his body on the ground in front of the opponents, he usually also makes last ditch tackles. Compared to Hause, that is exactly what I constantly have been criticising Hause for, he never throws his body on the line or makes last ditch tackles. If Mings gets stick for on one or two occations going for the block instead of throwing himself on the line, what does that say about Hause who goes for the block or stands passive all the time?

I didn't blame Hause for that particular fault by Mings, my point was that Mings has not been at his best of lately and that Hause in general may have contributed to that. Mings has to constantly point to him where to be and needs to cover for him when he drifts out of position. I think this may contribute to Mings decline. With Engels for example, Mings can be more assured that Engels is in the right position and takes the right decisions more often (though Mings still needs to cover for him as he is slow on the turn).

Shit defender is the last thing I would say about Mings, he was immense last season and at the start of this season up until his injury. He sniffs out danger, is fast, makes last ditch tackles, has a superb passing ability. Agree he has looked rusty since the restart, but shit defender? Come on, like last season and the beginning of this season and his England caps haven't happened?

Thank you! It’s nice to see someone else who has a rational, objective perspective on his play. Great minds think alike.

• Thanks 1

The most disappointing thing for me about Mings is I think he’s a very good defender. Yesterday he just had no desire.

Firstly the error where Hause bailed him out. It wasn’t the mistake so much. He just didn’t seem to care that he made it. Then the United second goal. The Mings I know would not be losing that battle in the middle of the park. If he did the player would be taken down and the half time whistle blown. Ok he lost the battle, time to redeem yourself. Gets back and then makes a half hearted attempt to block a shot. They score, Reina goes mental. Mings reaction? Nothing.

For me he was our captain without the armband earlier in the season. He organised, he fought for every ball, he actually gave a shit. I was shocked by his performance yesterday. All is not well.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â