Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

15 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

I’ll probably get abuse for saying this, but I think Grealish and Mings are more concerned with their public profile, more concerned with their social media image to promote themselves. Granted that can be said about many modern players these days, but I don’t think it helps the team on the pitch. 

And you just know they " run " the dressing room and i don't mean run it as in Roy Keane kinda run it, they run it in a " what music gets played after the match " kinda way.

Mings is a good footballer, but not the finished article and needed a CB with experience next to him to keep him in check. I also believe Smith has allowed a few players a bit of freedom, instead of keeping them focussed and it has been noticed in their performances. Smith has a responsibility to not only coach these guys on the field, but off the field as well.

• Like 3

Last summer in the "summer transfer window" thread, I was banging on on a daily basis that we should sign Cahill on a free tansfer - right until the day he joined Palace and we couldnt sign him anymore.

I even said he would have been a better signing than Mings but ideally for them to play together but got laughed at by everyone on here for even suggesting he was better than Mings. Think I got that Humphrey Bogart "get out" gif by 3 different people

It was so so obvious to me that I was extremely baffled that no one else could see it. I really don't care if people are going to say I'm point scoring, it was just a stupid decision not to even try to get him. I honestly don't think we would have got relegated with a proper leader like him at the back, could have helped Mings develop into an even better player but 6 months in the Championship and everyone thought Mings was the finished article.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Last summer in the "summer transfer window" thread, I was banging on on a daily basis that we should sign Cahill on a free tansfer - right until the day he joined Palace and we couldnt sign him anymore.

I even said he would have been a better signing than Mings but ideally for them to play together but got laughed at by everyone on here for even suggesting he was better than Mings. Think I got that Humphrey Bogart "get out" gif by 3 different people

It was so so obvious to me that I was extremely baffled that no one else could see it. I really don't care if people are going to say I'm point scoring, it was just a stupid decision not to even try to get him. I honestly don't think we would have got relegated with a proper leader like him at the back, could have helped Mings develop into an even better player but 6 months in the Championship and everyone thought Mings was the finished article.  

I am pretty sure we were after Cahill but Palace offered more money plus Cahill wanted to stay in London.

9 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I am pretty sure we were after Cahill but Palace offered more money plus Cahill wanted to stay in London.

Well if you’re losing out on Players to Crystal Palace then the battle is already lost

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Well if you’re losing out on Players to Crystal Palace then the battle is already lost

I think he wanted to stay in London for family reasons. It is pretty understandable if your kids are at school and have established lives. It doesn’t mean that more players would choose Palace over us. 

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

As much as it pains me I have to admit that Crystal Palace are a bigger club and a better proposition than we are at the moment. They have paid over £30 million for a player and an Establish premiership side

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I think he wanted to stay in London for family reasons. It is pretty understandable if your kids are at school and have established lives. It doesn’t mean that more players would choose Palace over us. 

I think most players would choose Palace over us

The "big club" stuff has long gone, they're London, PL established, higher wage bill 

Tyrone MIngs will be sold when the season ends. As much as we have given him the platform to play consistently after his injury problems of a season or two a go, he has now established himself as a decent Premier League centre back. He has a couple of England caps too so we will get what we paid for him plus a bit of a profit. He won’t want to play in the Championship again owing to his recent caps, but I believe he will be respectful to the club leading up to any transfer and when leaving.

The biggest thing for me about going down is the rebuild. Another rebuild. It’s draining and it lacks consistency.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Apparently he wanted 2 year deal we only offered one 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

As much as it pains me I have to admit that Crystal Palace are a bigger club and a better proposition than we are at the moment. They have paid over £30 million for a player and an Establish premiership side

Better team not bigger club

• Like 1

Cant help but think the 10 game unbeaten run, the hero worship and summer campaign on twitter to bring him back has all gone to his head.

Plays like he is absolute rolls Royce, as if we can stroll through games. He can't. He is not that good. In the great panthion of Villa centre backs the last few BARREN decades he doesn't even register.

Just strikes as someone who got a few England caps, resting on his laurels, believed the hype and quickly got found out.

If he plays for England again I would be surprised

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Was terrific today, the Mings of last season was back when we needed it the most, continue like this for the last three games now.

He needed that argument with Zaha early on. Screwed his head on for the rest of the game

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think there is such a thing as an easy game in the Premier League 

There is, we witnessed it today. We now face another team who appear to have got their holiday towels packed, and if we can take some confidence into that game and sneak a win then it’s all to play for. UTV

Â