Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Doesn't matter what the thread is, what the topic of conversation is, there is always these digs at the manager. Pathetic

We have more than one coach you know, the dig was towards JT to be honest, so dont let your head explode over something it's not. Mings needs a better defensive coach because JT is to green at the job and isnt helping our defense out or we wouldnt of shipped so many bloody goals.

Thought he was also excellent tonight alongside Konsa. Felt like a proper Mings performance just clearing and heading everything. 

This is great as well, Aubameyang has had a mare 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He was fantastic last night I thought.  I much prefer the way he has simplified everything, none of the letting the ball bounce to try and play some over-elaborate pass like earlier in the season, just see it and clear it.  He rightly got pelters for that goal against Utd but other than that he has been pretty decent in recent weeks.  If we stay up, he and Konsa are potentially an excellent pairing.  

It’s clearly something we’ve worked on, first and foremost defend, head, tackle, clear. Only play out from the back when safe to do so. If someone’s pressing don’t be afraid to clear your lines. He’s benefiting from that approach. Well done 

Did well apart from a couple of lapses, one when he lost concentration and let the ball go between his legs and then attempted a flick , it was in our own box . Konsa cleared the ball, "wtf was you doing "  could clearly be heard from Konsa. And another when he let an Arsenal player get in front of him at a corner, free header that a surprise to everyone including the Arsenal player.

He's not quite good enough for me ATM, he lacks concentration and never goes a match without offering one decent chance to the opposition and it's normally one that's due to a lack of concentration £35m + and I would let him go .

Mings and Aubamayang having a laugh together was so funny then Mings left him for dust. How ace Mings was in the match that he even got into that guys head,he must of new what he was doing because while Aubama had his back turned, Mings had his eye on cross all through the convo.

We need a decent picture or video of that bit in here.

• Like 1

Since lockdown I think he has been excellent.Yes he does make at least 1 error per game but he takes on more responsibility than other defenders so he ends up making more clearances and headers than anybody else.I think he has been carrying our defence a lot and that’s why errors occur.

If you were to put him next to an experienced defender and a team that held onto the ball he would be even better.

You only realise how good some players are is when they leave.Delph was similar, him and Benteke kept us up and only now withLuiz have we found a replacement.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Great to see Bournemouth going the other way after they tried to mug us off over Mings. 

That club are in danger of financial troubles unless they can balance the books.

6 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

That club are in danger of financial troubles unless they can balance the books.

I'm sure we can take Wilson off their wages for a small fee... Something like a family bag of Doritos and some chocolate milk

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Yeah they are in trouble.  This from an article pre lockdown. Worst part is outside of David Brooks and Josh King they aren't going to get a lot transfer wise. 

SmartSelect_20200726-140748_The Athletic.jpg

• Like 1

Â