Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As the weeks go by, i'm leaning more and more into putting him back at Left Back, and having Targett as our backup Left Back. Offload Taylor and Left Back position is instantly stronger. He likes to bomb forward and run with the ball, and has the occasional lapse which i'm not sure we can afford in the heart of defence at this level. He also has the height to clear things away from that position.

Buy another Strong, pacy Left sided CB and I feel we come on leaps and bounds.

And if we can offload Elmo, I'd be tempted to try Konsa as backup RB to Guibert, OR buy another RB.

Bruce....is that you?? 😂😂😂

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Bruce....is that you?? 😂😂😂

No it's me trying to find a way to keep Mings in the team as he is a "favourite" even through the absolute f*ck ups and brain farts.

Also, you make it seem as if he wasn't actually a Left Back for 90 percent of his career.

My suggestion of Konsa as a BACK UP right back was only in the event we can't buy another RB in the vein of Guibert, because as much as I like Elmo I simply don't think he is good enough at this level anymore. Konsa has pace and is good with the ball, it's not as outlandish as you make it seem.

I like Matt Targett but he is prone to being bullied against certain opposition.

I wouldn't mind a left sided version of an Engels in the heart of defence.

These are just my running thoughts also , so don't want to be slaughtered.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If Engels and Konsa does well in his absence i can see Mings having a hard time getting back into the team.

Konsa is struggling to keep up with the movement of PL strikers off the ball. Getting dragged from pillar to post.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As the weeks go by, i'm leaning more and more into putting him back at Left Back, and having Targett as our backup Left Back. Offload Taylor and Left Back position is instantly stronger. He likes to bomb forward and run with the ball, and has the occasional lapse which i'm not sure we can afford in the heart of defence at this level. He also has the height to clear things away from that position.

Buy another Strong, pacy Left sided CB and I feel we come on leaps and bounds.

And if we can offload Elmo, I'd be tempted to try Konsa as backup RB to Guibert, OR buy another RB.

Mings is one of those (a bit like Sergio Ramos) who is halfway between a centre back and a full back. He would look great as an LCB in a back 3, where he has a bit of extra cover inside, and more freedom to roam.

But although he did it earlier in his career, I can't see him as a full back in a back 4 anymore. Just a bit too big and lumbering to keep overlapping and chasing back for 90 mins.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Konsa is struggling to keep up with the movement of PL strikers off the ball. Getting dragged from pillar to post.

Yeah, I think we're about to find out that the Konsa + Engels partnership is a downgrade on the Engels + Mings partnership. Surprised people are so relaxed about this Mings injury. It's a bit of a disaster IMO.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I would really like to review all goals scored against us and I have hunch that Mings will be at some fault for majority and I even absolve him of Norwich goal from silly McGinn free kick he probably wasn't expecting

By the same token, I'd love to review all the shots/crosses/attempts where the opposition didn't score and see how many Mings was involved in.

I'd wager it's the majority.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

By the same token, I'd love to review all the shots/crosses/attempts where the opposition didn't score and see how many Mings was involved in.

I'd wager it's the majority.

Most of those were avoidable. A bit of concentration with a bit hoofing all would be good. 

Its not as if he doesn’t read the game well, or doesn’t have the ability.

16 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Yeah, I think we're about to find out that the Konsa + Engels partnership is a downgrade on the Engels + Mings partnership.

Let's see.

But it's a bad comparison. Mings and Engels has had many games together at this point. Engels and Konsa barely any.

But i do hope Konsa and Engels do really well and keep Mings out of the team because that means that they have done well.

To me Mings simplifies the problem we have with the team. He is a quality player we have seen. So if Mings is off the pace, why? It's also affecting McGinn. I dont want Smith gone, I'll reiterate this, but why cant he get these players to 110% every game.

Think Ming's was a great buy when you consider what Man U paid for Maguire but lately Ming's has been John Stoned meaning over elaborating on the ball. Opposing teams have noted this and are now closing him down quickly hence the recent mistakes. Needs to forget the hype and concentrate more on just defending.

• Like 2

I actually want him to continue with those ball playing CB bits, it adds to our play and when done right helps us stretch the opponents.

But he needs to stop with the unnecessary frills and learn to be smarter and pick his opportunities better. 

I also think he's been carrying some kind of injury for a while, possibly all the way back from the England call up. 

He should not be this bad at controlling the ball and neither should he mistime  aerial challenges like he's done lately. Something has not been right.

• Like 1

Mings has been off colour since his last England game in which he was pretty awful. It may have knocked him back a little or maybe just being among the England lads has messed him up over something. In fairness, the same can be said of McGinn who has also been off-colour since his performances with Scotland. For Mings, maybe the break will do him good.

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

To me Mings simplifies the problem we have with the team. He is a quality player we have seen. So if Mings is off the pace, why? It's also affecting McGinn. I dont want Smith gone, I'll reiterate this, but why cant he get these players to 110% every game.

Because that's impossible?

• Haha 1

Out until new year, which I think is Burnley. Could definitely do with him there.

Big blow to miss him for these upcoming games. Heaton needs to command that backline. Expect Hause to push Konsa if he continues to struggle to hang on to his man.

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Maybe (and this is a just a maybe) We as supporters over hyped them a little early season because of a couple of outstanding performances and they really aren't as good a quality as we hyped them up to be, I suppose we will see over the course of a full season.

• Like 1

Â