Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

9 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

To casual at times and sloppy needs to get back to basics and hoof the ball if he needs to.

I agree to a certain extent but I thought last night for large parts of the game the midfield wasn’t showing in the right areas and both him and konsa were waiting for movement and when it didn’t happen they got closed down very quickly. 

• Like 1

Yeah if he's been told to play out from the back and the midfield aren't showing then it's not gonna end well. Also if you're naturally a ball playing CB it's gonna pain you to just hoof it.

That being said we need a change for Leicester. I'd go with Mings and Engels. Konsa was poor last night.

Far to casual at times.

With the ball at his feet outside our own penalty area he has to be more alert.

He makes great last ditch challenges I just wish they weren't sometimes because he gave the ball away in dangerous situations.

However.....that said his contribution to our club since he arrived has been immense!

• Thanks 1

I was thinking last night that he was probs a bit behind where he should be for his age considering the lack of overall  game time he has had in his career to date. He has played 120 first team with 54 of those games being at CB and is 26 years old. There is no substitute for experience. For perspective konsa at 22 has played over 140 first team games. 

Edited by thabucks

So before the injury...

He got tackled cruyff turning outside the edge of his own area at Chelsea.

Today he lost it thinking he's better than he is, again outside his own area.

Wonder if he'll ever get told to stop.

Really interested in what happened around the sub. Did he lie and say he was OK? Physios know you can't run off a hammy but if the player says it feels alright what do you do?

Hope he's not out for long, increases the chance of Taylor appearing on the bench.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

So before the injury...

He got tackled cruyff turning outside the edge of his own area at Chelsea.

Today he lost it thinking he's better than he is, again outside his own area.

Wonder if he'll ever get told to stop.

Really interested in what happened around the sub. Did he lie and say he was OK? Physios know you can't run off a hammy but if the player says it feels alright what do you do?

Hope he's not out for long, increases the chance of Taylor appearing on the bench.

I probably wont be popular but I think Tyrone has been very poor ever since he got his England call up. Plays as if he has all the time in the world and appears to have a minimum of 5 or 6 cringe moments in every game. For me he either gets told "back to basics" or you get dropped. If he has got a hamstring then it gives Hause a chance to shine. I like tyrone and his "leadership" in the defense but he has to do better in the Prem

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

I probably wont be popular but I think Tyrone has been very poor ever since he got his England call up. Plays as if he has all the time in the world and appears to have a minimum of 5 or 6 cringe moments in every game. For me he either gets told "back to basics" or you get dropped. If he has got a hamstring then it gives Hause a chance to shine. I like tyrone and his "leadership" in the defense but he has to do better in the Prem

This is true. He as been off since the Palace game for the most part.

However him being out for what could be a decent period of time is a massive loss for us.

He thinks he has far too much time on the ball, perhaps still trying to get used to Premier League football. Maybe a few weeks out of the team and we'll see a better player after the injury.

• Like 1

Actually said to friend 10 or so before he got injured that I thought he would get injured.

The way he's been playing lately,  miscontrolling the ball and having to stretch to recover it he was always likely to pull something. 

Also suspect he's been playing injured for a while, he's not this bad when he's fit. He looks like that damaged Empire AT-ST walker on Endor when the Ewoks rolls logs on it's legs when he ambles about currently

Relaterad bild

Hope it's not too serious as he's still probably our best CB if he cuts out those unnecessary dribbles and fancy bits

Edited by sne
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Actually said to friend 10 or so before he got injured that I thought he would get injured.

The way he's been playing lately,  miscontrolling the ball and having to stretch to recover it be was always likely to pull something. 

Also suspect he's been playing injured for a while, he's not this bad when he's fit. He looks like that damaged Empire walker on Endor when be ambles about currently

I also suspect this.

He's reached a point in his career where he's missed so much game time through injury, that he's probably happy to play at 85% fitness or whatever. Painkilling injections, strapping, blocking it out of his mind, etc. Cast your mind back to the Everton game, where he looked like he was going to limp off in the warm up, and then somehow made it through the match with a superb performance.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been carrying an injury ever since, and being called up to the England squad has stopped him from getting recovery time in. On top of that, he knows Euro 2020 is probably his only opportunity to start for England in an international tournament, so he's desperate to prove his fitness through the season.

I hope he hasn't made a big mistake here.

Those thinking this is a big opportunity for the Engels-Konsa partnership to develop are mistaken in my view. An in-form Mings is just a much better all-round defender and leader, and the idea he was only doing that for us in the Championship is nonsense. He's been class for us in several very tough games this season (hence getting the England call up in the first place).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Absolutely he's got worse and worse since then.

He's clearly still our best CB.

And when he eliminates those easy errors like not getting tackled trying to cruyff round a striker he'll be even better.

As the weeks go by, i'm leaning more and more into putting him back at Left Back, and having Targett as our backup Left Back. Offload Taylor and Left Back position is instantly stronger. He likes to bomb forward and run with the ball, and has the occasional lapse which i'm not sure we can afford in the heart of defence at this level. He also has the height to clear things away from that position.

Buy another Strong, pacy Left sided CB and I feel we come on leaps and bounds.

And if we can offload Elmo, I'd be tempted to try Konsa as backup RB to Guibert, OR buy another RB.

Â