Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Great finish. Strikers finish. I suspect we will see more goals as his game develops

It was and he is unlucky not to have scored more this season. That's why I have him as anytime scorer each game. 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

Targett went down injured at one point yesterday and it looked like they said Ty would go left back. Would be interesting to see how he is there 

Well he's mistakes would be less costly from there

• Like 1

Mings got caught out once at the corner which led to Man Utd first goal, it wasn't good at all but because he scored himself I spose he cancels that out

He does have to keep switched on all game, I think it's his problem, he can switch off, it isn't for long but long enough for opposition to make the whole situation look very amateur.

On the whole of it against a Man Utd side that should of beat us hands down with the team they have, Mings put in a worthy display for me.

5 hours ago, Junxs said:

What people aren't grasping is that is no one is asking him to boot it - in fact he does a lot of that anyway. Its not as easy as saying either he has to boot it or play it out..

Its called decision making, you assess the situation and deal with it accordingly, if theres no obvious pass on then dont try to take some one on when you are the last man. He actually had 2 opportunities to play a long pass down the line but feigned it both times then got tackled.

He then got in Heatons way when they both stuttered to go for the same ball when either one of them could have stopped the corner but that split second communication delay between the 2 led to the corner from which they scored. Yes stats are low for goals from corners, but if it wasnt a corner at all (like it shouldnt have been) then it would have been 0% chance of scoring rather than 10%. Both their goals were from corner routines actually.

He is a quality player, no one is questioning that, but he keeps making these mistakes when they are easily avoidable.

Yes, people make mistakes. And they get more decisions wrong if they have more decisions to make. If a defenders only job is to clear their lines, that’s all they have to think about. If they have the additional job of NOT clearing their lines but of controlling the game from the back, they always have a decision to make. And sometimes they get it wrong.

Easily avoidable ? If one follows that logic he is what, then, rubbish ? An idiot ? 

I would posit the idea that these things aren’t easily avoidable at all. They are avoidable, and if he makes a decision twenty five times in a game, and makes two mistakes, then he’s avoided the wrong decision twenty three times.

There’s nothing easy about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think some of these comments are unfair, it’s his first full season of Premier League football, he will makes mistakes but I think he has the mental strength to recover from them. It was a fine finish yesterday for a centre back, I found his celebration quite funny, it was almost like what am I doing here? He will adapt to Premier League football and go on to better things in my opinion 

• Like 3

Hopefully Mings will learn when to play out and when not to. However I would rather he carry on playing in the style he does and put up with getting caught out now and again OVER being too safe all the time and hoofing it. The style he plays always carries more risk but for me the trade off is acceptable. Its just improving that decision making.

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Targett went down injured at one point yesterday and it looked like they said Ty would go left back. Would be interesting to see how he is there 

To be honest yesterday when he pissed me off with his dithering and nonchalant needlessly trying to run it out around the box I thought 'you know what mate, you should probably go back to being a left back/ Left Wing Back".

He obviously enjoys running with the ball and bombing forward, which sometimes you can't afford especially against better opposition.

We've got some good CB's in the squad so I wouldn't be averse to it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I'd quite easily play him at left back over Taylor.

Mings got pace and can go past players, also a good tackler. He's got every attributes to make a fine fullback

Engels and Konsa would be fine

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think some of these comments are unfair, it’s his first full season of Premier League football, he will makes mistakes but I think he has the mental strength to recover from them. It was a fine finish yesterday for a centre back, I found his celebration quite funny, it was almost like what am I doing here? He will adapt to Premier League football and go on to better things in my opinion 

He signed for Bournemouth when they got promoted though season out injured then stomped on Zlatan's head/man-bun

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest yesterday when he pissed me off with his dithering and nonchalant needlessly trying to run it out around the box I thought 'you know what mate, you should probably go back to being a left back/ Left Wing Back".

He obviously enjoys running with the ball and bombing forward, which sometimes you can't afford especially against better opposition.

We've got some good CB's in the squad so I wouldn't be averse to it.

This could be written about him in many of our games this season and I wouldn't know which one

• Like 1

On 25/03/2019 at 13:47, sne said:

I can see what they mean tbf.

If he tried to play the way he does with the ball here against PL strikers he'd be punished time and time again.

It's all well and good being a bit cheeky with the ball against this level players but the PL strikers are for the most part both faster stronger and especially smarter and much better at pressing the defenders.

They will just swarm him and take the ball off him when he tried to do a dummy as last man in defense. 

I think he's brilliant in the Championship and if fit could potentially be good in the PL as well. But he'd have to stop with his Zlatan dribbles or we'd all get very frustrated with him very fast.

While I wouldn't quite go as far as they did on the Bournemouth forum in saying he looks like Bambi on ice I still think this stands.

24 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

This could be written about him in many of our games this season and I wouldn't know which one

Yeah I've spotted in several times mate.

Sometimes it comes off and when it does brilliant, but alot of the time it's not necessary and just outs us under unnecessary pressure.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

He will be being asked to play it how he is. They don't make it up as they go along, that isn't how it works under any manager or head coach, never mind Dean Smith. 

His decision making will improve as he further matures. He will know better when to lump it and he will get better at retaining the ball and releasing it quicker.

I'm simply not bothered by his errors. I'm certainly not blaming him for them. 

• Like 2

All very easy to blame Mings for complacency on the ball or trying to do too much on the ball. It's easy to say drop him for Konsa/Engels.

The fact is Mings is our best central defender who can play out from the back. Konsa is good as well, but 90% of the time the ball is given to Mings to play out. When this happens he is the central defender most likely to make mistakes with distribution.

Unfortunately yesterday his mistake cost us, but he made up for it with the goal. We are certainly making a lot less defensive errors than Norwich, and less than Fulham made the season before. It's a team that will improve and Mings is in the category too.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Its funny how people like this Dean Smith passing game, yet want our defenders to lump the ball forwards!

If anything people are criticizing Mings for lumping it forward.

he tries to be a bit too fancy, loses control and is put under pressure so is forced to lump it.

7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Its funny how people like this Dean Smith passing game, yet want our defenders to lump the ball forwards!

Tyrone keeps putting himself in a position to wildly lump it by refusing various pass options, short and long, so he can dribble the ball around for while.

It'll be great when he stops doing it, can't wait. The team and him will both better for it.

• Like 2

Â