Tyrone Mings

Demitri_C

43 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Along with Jack, Tyrone is the biggest reason that we have come so far in the past 10 months. We have been awful at the back for years (even with JT we looked somewhat exposed at times) but he single handily rectified that over night. He is a joy to watch and a top bloke to boot! 

Exactly, we spent the whole summer saying ANNOUNCE MINGS ANNOUNCE MINGS ANNOUNCE MINGS. And now some fans are already turning on him because he's made a few (fairly minor) mistakes.

• Haha 1

Good fun this.

At least we can all agree he made a mistake now, that was being contested for a while for some reason.

When he gets rid of these easy to eliminate ones like losing the ball when you're within 30 yards of our goal, he and Aston Villa will be better off.

Can't wait.

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Good fun this.

At least we can all agree he made a mistake now, that was being contested for a while for some reason.

When he gets rid of these easy to eliminate ones like losing the ball when you're within 30 yards of our goal, he and Aston Villa will be better off.

Can't wait.

Show me where anyone contested that. We were just saying the goal wasn't his fault (it wasn't) and that the mistake wasn't that big (it wasn't).

He won't eliminate those mistakes entirely, because we pass out from the back. These mistakes will happen. Konsa and Engels will also make these mistakes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KentVillan said:

I think it should have been on, though.

mings_man_utd.thumb.jpg.b7e76cb847c4dc96bb2747772296b4eb.jpg

All he needed was Douglas to come shorter (which is the pass he's looking for) or Grealish to drop deeper for a better passing angle.

It's that process of looking for Douglas and realising it isn't on that leaves him panicking a bit, and taking extra touches.

If you're playing for a team where your first instinct is always to put your foot through the ball, then it's easy to clear it first time there. If you're playing in a passing team, where your first instinct is always to look for a pass to feet, then you're going to make more mistakes like this.

I just think some of our fans are whinging words removed who are obsessed with nitpicking over minor faults. Mings will get injured at some point this season, and then those same fans will be piling in on Konsa and Engels. I can see it already.

You make a decent case for him.....I love Mings from the day he stepped in to Villa park.

but this is the thing......We dominated that first half and stupid errors, got them back in....that is the issue .....one ounce of work from them has trumped a ton of work from us.

silly errors have haunted us this season.....we haven't been outplayed, we have just gifted goals.....we are making hard work of it, unnecessarily.

Just as an example.....We have conceded so many goals at our back post, Brighton, Liverpool, Man U just to mention a few......Tonight Man City know that Burnley crowd the back post on set pieces....Burnley have a corner on 62 minutes and Man City have 4 players on the back post crowding Burnley out......thats what i am refering to, using your loaf.

We have to stop the stupid errors, its organisation,concentration / Nous in the main.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Show me where anyone contested that. We were just saying the goal wasn't his fault (it wasn't) and that the mistake wasn't that big (it wasn't).

He won't eliminate those mistakes entirely, because we pass out from the back. These mistakes will happen. Konsa and Engels will also make these mistakes.

Its a team game.....it doesn't matter who makes them, they are made and it needs to stop.

yes, we do play out from the back, but that is not a trade off or mitigation for mistakes.

however, your observations are right, some players need to make themselves more available to a pass....but Mings also need to move the ball quicker, if no one is there, kick it out and rollock them afterwards,fir not moving, not get caught on the ball.

I can tell you, Roy Keane would be giving the hair dryer to some of our players for not moving off the ball, if he was in our team.

3 hours ago, poitier said:

He has made virtually the exact same mistake on numerous occasions, to such an extent that I think the opposition are now targeting it. 

Yeah and our plan is always to break the lines, beat the press. 

Imagine if he finds Jack in that big green space in the example we are talking about here. A few touches and Grealish could take half the team out from there. 

Edit - I believe Deano would call it "settling traps". Sometimes our traps will bite back. In this case, conceding a corner. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Delighted we can all agree it was a mistake.

Can't wait until he eliminates these simple errors.

It'll be a slight adjustment for him and a huge step up for us as a team.

Can't wait.

5 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I’m just delighted we have him.  The last time we were in this league, we had Lescott in his position!  🙈

This is the thing. Thinking back for about last 10 years here... we've had to endure the likes of Knight, Cuellar, Baker, Clark, Collins, Dunne, Okore, Senderos, Lescott, Richards, Elphick and Samba. 

We should be damn grateful about Mings and the CBs we now have.

• Like 2

I'm terming all the times Mings gives me heart attack when he's on the ball, a Mings Moment. 

Tonight was better imo, less Mings Moments than usual. There were a couple of times there where he cleared it when I would've expected Mings to unnecesarily hold on to the ball so, improvement I guess. Still could do with removing Mings Moments completely from his game.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

He's a very good ball playing CB.....in the championship.

Doing it at prem is him being a liability I'm afraid.

I get the feeling since being away with England that Southgate told him he got called up for being o;k playing it from the back and now he's trying it at every opportunity.

Time to get back to basics Tyrone.

Â