Jacob Ramsey

sir_gary_cahill

i really think that whatever Gerrard's team looks like after the Jan & summer window, i think he is one of only a few players who imo will still be in the starting in a starting 11 of a team deemed "pushing for the top 6 / 8".

(ie: imo one of only 4 or 5 players in the current squad who are actually good enough to be a starter in a team wanting to challenge for top 6/8)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i really think that whatever Gerrard's team looks like after the Jan & summer window, i think he is one of only a few players who imo will still be in the starting 11 of a team deemed "pushing for the top 6 / 8".

(ie: imo one of only 4 or 5 players in the current squad who are actually good enough to be a starter in a team wanting to challenge for top 6/8)

Yes he can only get better. His progress this sason has been amazing 

6 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Just thinking of his improvement this season and a good bit of it might be down to this.

image.png.7487cac80645339fd861e8459e8bed7a.png

https://theathletic.com/2814002/2021/09/09/the-ramsey-brothers-are-ready-to-pack-a-punch-in-taking-aston-villa-forward/

An improvement in summertime professionalism in comparison to a previous Villa wonderkid at that age.

Jack Grealish pictured lying on the floor apparently 'paralytic' after  night out on holiday in Tenerife | The Independent | The Independent

and to think this would eventually become a £100m footballer? Astonishing really.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

and to think this would eventually become a £100m footballer? Astonishing really.

Just goes to show there really is no substitute for other worldly talent

15 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Just goes to show there really is no substitute for other worldly talent

Let's be real, that only takes you so far.

Your character will always catch up with you in the end.

There is a reason why players like Milner, C.Ronaldo etc are still going strong at their age.

And why outlandish prodigies like Ronaldinho end up in jail for nonsense, and Ronaldo ( Fat Ronaldo ) have an early exit and become XXL Ronaldo.

You can guarantee there are much more talented players than some of the best we have seen, who failed ( Or have relatively short careers ) because of character and application.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Let's be real, that only takes you so far.

Your character will always catch up with you in the end.

There is a reason why players like Milner, C.Ronaldo etc are still going strong at their age.

And why outlandish prodigies like Ronaldinho end up in jail for nonsense, and Ronaldo ( Fat Ronaldo ) have an early exit and become XXL Ronaldo.

You can guarantee there are much more talented players than some of the best we have seen, who failed ( Or have relatively short careers ) because of character and application.

I'm not saying that Grealish will go on to have a long prosperous career or anything, just that talent is really the main ingredient. We might even end up looking back on his career and say what a waste, he could have done so much more.

I mean even the two players you've mentioned as negative examples have 3 Ballon D'or between them. Also the "least" talented Milner who is held up as an example for "work hard and you'll make it" was so talented that he was deemed good enough to start for Leeds just short of his 17th birthday.

On your last line I don't agree. There are probably much more talented players than for example the Robbie Savages of this world, who because of character and application didn't "make it", e.g Ravel Morrison or similar. However, I don't believe there are better than some of the best that we have ever seen. There may be some who, due to circumstance (stuck in slums in South America), never got the opportunity though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Extremely, extremely harsh. 

Ronaldo Nazario suffered from hyperthyroidism which slows the metabolism down and causes freak weight gain. It was widely known and once he had his recurring injuries post-his horrible knee injury he found it really hard to keep it off. If it wasn't for the fact that he was so SO good he would have retired by 26. 

The fat Ronaldo moniker, albeit tongue in cheek, is a massive shame as it does a disservice to one of the all time greats. Maldini references him as the best he's ever played against. 

Between 1995-1999 (pre-knee) at PSV, Barca and Inter he was the best player I've ever seen. And that's including Messi. He was a freak.

Terrible example, and own up to not looking back before making that statement.

Even worse is that, original Ronaldo was/is one of, if not my favourite player of all time!

I just chucked in the first names which came to mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Extremely, extremely harsh. 

Ronaldo Nazario suffered from hyperthyroidism which slows the metabolism down and causes freak weight gain. It was widely known and once he had his recurring injuries post-his horrible knee injury he found it really hard to keep it off. If it wasn't for the fact that he was so SO good he would have retired by 26. 

The fat Ronaldo moniker, albeit tongue in cheek, is a massive shame as it does a disservice to one of the all time greats. Maldini references him as the best he's ever played against. 

Between 1995-1999 (pre-knee) at PSV, Barca and Inter he was the best player I've ever seen. And that's including Messi. He was a freak.

He was in a league of his own, the man reinvented the centre forward role, if CR7 and Messi played in that era being hacked down by defenders with no protection from the refs they would be retired early to.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Terrible example, and own up to not looking back before making that statement.

Even worse is that, original Ronaldo was/is one of, if not my favourite player of all time!

I just chucked in the first names which came to mind.

Not entirely unfair mate, that was the culture back then, most players drank mid week and on the weekend, football for most of the amazing Brazilian talent was a way to get them and their families out of poverty and the second part enjoyment and the license to play with freedom. Making a tonne of money and improving the quality of life for most of your relatives and friends beats playing into their late 30’s and having millions of followers on Instagram. At the end of the  day we are all talking about the late 90’s and early  2000 Brazil national team 20-30 years later, I doubt we will be talking about this Man City team doesn’t matter how good they are they won’t have that lasting iconic impression like  Ronaldinho , Ronaldo and co.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 2

On 24/01/2022 at 09:07, Sulberto21 said:

Thank f*** one of them wasn’t name Brian or something……. 

"Brandon Elliot "B. J." Boston Jr. (born November 28, 2001) is an American professional basketball player for the Los Angeles Clippers of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Kentucky Wildcats."

Edited by MotoMkali
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Isn't it, We totally pulled there pants down with that one!

He was worth more than £100m to us. Citeh never needed him though, it was a commercial/glamour signing. 

• Haha 1

Â