January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

39 minutes ago, Taxahunter said:

I really dont get it. Why should we ever pay for helping another club getting their player in form. It reality it should be us that was paid a fee to help for example Mings, Bolassie etc. get in shape. 

Because its not easy to get ready quality players as there teams would need them.

The only thing you can do is taking the risk on them.

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah, it's a horrible window.

When we made a few signings in January two years ago we were chucking money around irresponsibly and I don't want to see us do that again.

Yep; Hogan, Lansbury, Bjarnason, Taylor, Bree, Hourihane, Johnstone. Besides Hourihane, hardly long term success stories

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Because its not easy to get ready quality players as there teams would need them.

The only thing you can do is taking the risk on them.

I know, it was a retorical question

I think we’re playing hard ball. I can imagine other clubs and players agents thinking, Villa are desperate and will pay over the odds. It’ll take time before they realise we’re no longer a soft touch. 

I can imagine conversations along the lines of, “No my name is Purslow not Wyness. I’ll walk away from any deal that isn’t good for Aston Villa.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently we have pulled out of the Mings deal as we don't want to pay the 1m loan fee. Forest now favourites 

Good. It would be a huge waste of money for 4 months. We’d be back to square one in the summer with £1m less in the bank.

• Like 3