January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

I have a feeling we've got two done already on the quiet. And if not I shall collapse in despair knowing we were only 2 new signings from winning the championship. 

What you think we are going to sneak them out on matchday ?

Any reason why we would  sign players in secret ? 

Well honestly Villa never fail to deliver yet again leaving it to the last minute I can only see mings coming in Dean Smith knew what he needed should of got it done first week of window not leve it until the end. Ive supported the villa almost 30years but if you think leaving it until the last day is acceptable then the villa board and manager are  totally deluded. Another year in championship promotion absolutely no chnce our defence will see to that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

If Dean doesn't get the guys he really wants, it doesn't make sense to bring in anyone. And I'm fine with that. One or two journeymen won't change a thing, even if they bumped Whelan and Taylor off the starting 11. 

Whilst I agree with that, we need to get a left back through the door. Even if it is a stop gap or a loan of a 33 year old until the end of the season.

Ideally I'd like it to be a 22 year old exciting talent on a permanent deal, but we need somebody/anybody as we don't have a proper left back at all.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Any reason why we would  sign players in secret ? 

Going on DS's red hot phone comments and lack of news in press. As said, looks like while it'll help we're not going to see serious changes till summer now, and that's a-ok. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Going on DS's red hot phone comments and lack of news in press. As said, looks like while it'll help we're not going to see serious changes till summer now, and that's a-ok. 

Not to mention the 99% of our transfers that come out of leftfield. Don't let that stop Hippo though—he's loving the thought of no signings.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Well honestly Villa never fail to deliver yet again leaving it to the last minute I can only see mings coming in Dean Smith knew what he needed should of got it done first week of window not leve it until the end. Ive supported the villa almost 30years but if you think leaving it until the last day is acceptable then the villa board and manager are  totally deluded. Another year in championship promotion absolutely no chnce our defence will see to that.

If only it was that simple. Not sure if you understand the complexities of transfers......

• Like 2

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

Aston Villa have had a loan offer for Marseille midfielder Grégory Sertic rejected by the player; he wants to move to Spain or the MLS http://bit.ly/SertVilla 

Playing for Marseille B team by looks of it so probably no loss. even less ambition to want to go to MLS if honest

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Aston Villa have had a loan offer for Marseille midfielder Grégory Sertic rejected by the player; he wants to move to Spain or the MLS http://bit.ly/SertVilla 

News article by Chiné Reconne.

Villa don't comment on anything. Therefore won't correct you. So basically make up whatever you want.

• Like 1