January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely wonder what planet some of you live on.

In your dimension, Jesus, Purslow and Dean Smith have been playing billiards for the whole month and only just remembered the transfer window.

If your house had a leaky roof would you get it done immedietely or leave it until you could get it cheaper this is similar to villa, defence i agree bolstering up the squad takes time but jeez the defence needed fixing along time ago there is no excuse that should if been done immedietely the other signings can be done on deadline day. Its straightforward no defenders in no promotion were only going up via playoffs at best that defence is garbage.

Would rather not sign anyone that spunk money on Bolasie's.

For me this season is a write off. If we can get the right players in then great, if we see another few loans then it is an utter waste of money yet again.
Concentrate on our scouting infastructure, let's get that sorted, get our targets sorted over the next 5 months.

10 minutes ago, villan501 said:

If your house had a leaky roof would you get it done immedietely or leave it until you could get it cheaper this is similar to villa, defence i agree bolstering up the squad takes time but jeez the defence needed fixing along time ago there is no excuse that should if been done immedietely the other signings can be done on deadline day. Its straightforward no defenders in no promotion were only going up via playoffs at best that defence is garbage.

You seriously think that we get to simply pick who we want and when we sign them, believing this has nothing to do with any other clubs, other transfers, the player making a big decision that may also impact on their families etc, etc? We’re not looking for a roofer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, villan501 said:

Across the whole football pyramid more deals will be completed tomorrow than the total number of deals from the preceding 4 weeks. 

It's not lack of planning or penny pinching, it's just the peculiar dynamics of a mid season transfer window. 

Every single club is in exactly the same position so I don't understand why we get posts like this every single year like it's an issue unique to ourselves. 

Edited by av1

13 minutes ago, villan501 said:

So you just go out and sign the first defender available or do you wait until your number choice is available? I think you need to understand it’s not as straightforward as you think it is.

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks for your opinion, sadly that doesn’t bode well for other targets 

Unless it's made up nonsense like 99% of the rubbish these "journalists" come up with during transfer windows. 

DEFENSIVE targets should have been lined up since summer window shut so dont give me this and that excuse im talking about defence targets should of been signed immedietely weve leaked goals on par with rotherham and ipswich this isnt by being unlucky its by not being able to defend. Im merely pointing out the defence should of been sirted this isnt a recent problem its been known since august.

1 minute ago, villan501 said:

DEFENSIVE targets should have been lined up since summer window shut so dont give me this and that excuse im talking about defence targets should of been signed immedietely weve leaked goals on par with rotherham and ipswich this isnt by being unlucky its by not being able to defend. Im merely pointing out the defence should of been sirted this isnt a recent problem its been known since august.

all well and good having targets but teams dont want to sell in January

2 minutes ago, villan501 said:

DEFENSIVE targets should have been lined up since summer window shut so dont give me this and that excuse 

A more valid excuse would be that our current manager and sporting director were not at the club to assess what was needed when the last window shut, let alone have targets lined up. 

I wish football was a simply as your opinion of it.