January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Wolves gave everybody false hope by signing a load of Premier League quality players because of Mendez. If they can do it why can’t we?

In reality it was was a pure one off. No other team can do that. 

Let's remember though it took wolves years to get there and look at them now. If that's what it takes for us to get there then I'm happy to wait. 

I'm delighted with our attacking play under Smith. It's just the defensive side it's a complete shambles. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Let's remember though it took wolves years to get there and look at them now. If that's what it takes for us to get there then I'm happy to wait. 

I'm delighted with our attacking play under Smith. It's just the defensive side it's a complete shambles. 

True. This league isn’t that bad anyway. Pointless getting promoted to just get smashed every week.  I at least look forward to each game.

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I must confess, I have absolutely no idea what we are up to or what the plan is.

Traitor ! of course theres a plan !

Smith is being patient and will only sign the players that are right for us and at the right price and whose market value will increase overtime - eg Kalnic & Hause.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

14 times in 4 years?? Is that fir real? Are we trying to replace micah Richards? 

Yes, Micah's a great lad, given so much to the cause, but he's retiring soon on a full pension, so the highly lucrative, Tea Boy role, will be open to applications once again.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Years to get where though? If that link with Mendes had come along 10 years earlier, they'd have been in the PL for the last 10 years.

They're the same as City/Chelsea, created from nothing by external finance. Not really a proper club any more. Wolves they ay.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True. This league isn’t that bad anyway. Pointless getting promoted to just get smashed every week.  I at least look forward to each game.

We don't always agree but I agree on this. I don't want to go up if it means we will get embarrassed every week. 

I think we would have been bottom had we gone up last year tbh. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Years to get where though? If that link with Mendes had come along 10 years earlier, they'd have been in the PL for the last 10 years.

They're the same as City/Chelsea, created from nothing by external finance. Not really a proper club any more. Wolves they ay.

I think they were building before. Don't get me wrong embdes certainly helped but if they weren't stupid enough to appoint lambert they may challenged even quicker. 

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

I've just caught up on 5 pages of transfer talk and come out of it absolutely non the wiser on who we are signing.

Let’s be honest. It’s not looking too promising. I think we’ll end up with a few last minute loans to strengthen the squad but nothing exciting. It’s whats to expect in January window really.

It will all kick off today, I'm sure. If we can take solace in anything, I would suggest its this:

We're not putting an elite backroom together to slosh around the middle of the Championship. Have patience. Its still very early for this regime.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Speaking of Mendes, why isn't he coming through for us? I thought we had a relationship. I hope it bears more fruit than Moreira.

I believe it’s because the “relationship” that exists was massively over exaggerated in the summer. We’ve signed two players who have links to him, one has already been sent back and I don’t expect the other to be here next season. I highly doubt it’s anything like his relationship with the wolves owners.

I wouldn’t pin your hopes on him being of much help to us.

Only two days left and we hopefully still have a fair bit of business to conclude. Looks like there will be a lot of last minute dealing going on.

On the subject of Mings. He was quality and a real prospect before he left Ipswich. Having only made 20 appearances since 2015 following injury a loan with a view to buy would seem the way to go. If we are buying him then the medical needs to do the job. We could also try to agree a fee based on games played and wages that reflect how often he plays as well. That said, I think he could do very well for us if he can put his injury problems behind him with us.  

40 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I believe it’s because the “relationship” that exists was massively over exaggerated in the summer. We’ve signed two players who have links to him, one has already been sent back and I don’t expect the other to be here next season. I highly doubt it’s anything like his relationship with the wolves owners.

I wouldn’t pin your hopes on him being of much help to us.

Or indeed doesn't exist at all and the fact that 2 were his players is nothing more than complete coincidence as he controls hundreds of players.

I have yet to see anything more than internet speculation that we have any tie up with him.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

The medical team do their Job?  I'm no doctor but 20 games in 4 years would suggest to me to keep well clear, no matter what a scan does or doesnt show up.  Especially with Bournemouth looking a large loan fee as well as his wages paid.

Also why not put the money we are going to fork out on Mings and instead put in an offer for Matt Clark at Portsmouth.  Excellent CB and one for the future.  Who knows maybe we are going to 😉

• Like 3

The thought we're about to spend decent money on Mings is filling me with rage.

If the guy was a racehorse he'd have been put down long ago.

Why do we continue to do this, you don't need to waste money on the doctor to perform a medical. His record speaks for itself.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

The medical team do their Job?  I'm no doctor but 20 games in 4 years would suggest to me to keep well clear, no matter what a scan does or doesnt show up.  Especially with Bournemouth looking a large loan fee as well as his wages paid.

It’s the risk I suppose, without the injuries he’d most likely be in the Premier League. However, yes I agree our fingers have been burnt one to many times, so it’s probably best to steer clear, especially considering the fees that are being speculated.