Dean Smith

Demitri_C

On 15/07/2019 at 18:26, Lichfield Dean said:

If I am to believe my Dad, he lives in a pretty ordinary family house just off the Aldridge Road in Streetly. Most definitely not the house of a rich man!

My dad is probably completely wrong though, so don't put too much faith in this.

I'm guessing that managing Walsall & Brentford doesn't pay especially well.

I wouldn't be surprised if a fair chunk of people on here earn more than the Walsall manager and i would think that a few were probably earning more money than Smith at Brentford.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

For the last time, he positioned the god damn cones. Must we keep having this debate?

34 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That's very well paid given he just handed out the bibs.

I am afraid I must interject, you are both technically wrong.

Since promotion he has been handed additional responsibility and now handles the Bibs AND the cones.

I am happy i could clear up this argument for you both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Since promotion he has been handed additional responsibility and now handles the Bibs AND the cones.

Blimey, he is turning into a dictator. 

• Haha 3

Dean, in his OS interview about Bjorn, talking about our 5 centre backs at the club, switches the conversation almost immediately to how many goals the CBs contribute. Konsa, just signed and 21 y/o, gearing himself up for the biggest step up of his career so far 'Doesnt score as many as he should'.

I just love the way the bloke thinks about the game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kieranavfc said:

was on 300k at brentford apparently, hardly small money

Not really enough to risk buying 2 million quid mansions on either though is it.

Wonder if that was just since he extended in 2017. Seems a lot Jumping from Walsall to fairly new to the championship Brentford but i guess they were still maybe on a high from trying to buy their way out of the league the year before

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

This is such a load of bullshit. He is responsible for collecting the balls after each training session.

(Please insert Kenneth Williams GIF.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Dinosaurs running our club. Everyone knows these days you should have a Director of Bibs & Cones working to give the Head Coach the right cones to lay out. Its the modern way.

Just now, fightoffyour said:

Purslow has said in his interview in the US that they invited Dean Smith to interview and said “tonight”, so they interviewed him for 6 hours from 10:30pm til 04:30am in Purslow’s hotel room.

I guess sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. 🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Purslow has said in his interview in the US that they invited Dean Smith to interview and said “tonight”, so they interviewed him for 6 hours from 10:30pm til 04:30am in Purslow’s hotel room.

Leadership roles should be heavily scrutinised and not a power privilege. I'm sure Dean Smith relished the opportunity to prove himself worthy.

• Like 2

Â