Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Perfect man to gel together so many new players.

Just a note to say that this first(!) pre-season match is against a team half way through their campaign who have won 7 in a row.

I know was just a friendly but his post game interview he was even picky about some of our play. Even when we were on that winning run he would pick out things that we could improve. Great attitude

another thing is I cant remember us ever having a manager that analysed the game so well in post game interviews 

• Like 3

So this is what a Dean Smith side looks like. 

Ok it's only Walsall, but his signings look class. 

On 18/07/2019 at 16:33, Zatman said:

I know was just a friendly but his post game interview he was even picky about some of our play. Even when we were on that winning run he would pick out things that we could improve. Great attitude

another thing is I cant remember us ever having a manager that analysed the game so well in post game interviews 

It's a winners mentality, wanting to improve and striving for better at all times rather than taking credit for what went well. You can see the same attitude in his signings, we haven't had it for years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, samjp26 said:

It's a winners mentality, wanting to improve and striving for better at all times rather than taking credit for what went well. You can see the same attitude in his signings, we haven't had it for years

He's on such a different wavelength to all of our managers in recent years.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

So this is what a Dean Smith side looks like. 

Ok it's only Walsall, but his signings look class. 

actually drooling watching this football. this pass and move is so strange to watch 😛 

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

actually drooling watching this football. this pass and move is so strange to watch 😛 

regardless of how this season goes we need to stick with smith long term, we can see what hes trying to do with our culture and playing style, and i love it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m so impressed by how we fielded two different teams in all 3 friendlies ( and each was swapped around aswell) and yet, on the whole, the actual football didn’t change at all.

Fantastic to see.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I’m so impressed by how we fielded two different teams in all 3 friendlies ( and each was swapped around aswell) and yet, on the whole, the actual football didn’t change at all.

Fantastic to see.

Good point. It’s clear a possession based game with a lot of movement is being instilled in to all of them. It’s great to see. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I don't care if its only Walsall, the football tonight was bloody fantastic. Just brilliant to watch. 

Haven't watched the game yet, but how does it compare to Blackburn at home last season which is the best football I've ever seen us play?

48 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Totally agree.  I am certain we will be a surprise package this season.

It's funny on FFS FPL site. I've been talking us up for weeks and all of a sudden people are posting some Villa players look interesting met with the standard they were poor in the Championship and only sneaked promotion lol

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Haven't watched the game yet, but how does it compare to Blackburn at home last season which is the best football I've ever seen us play?

I wouldn't say as good as that Blackburn game because I agree that was the best I've ever seen us as well but for pre season standards I'm very happy. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The same intensity wasn’t there as it’s only a friendly but we’re trying to keep the ball until an opening appears. No aimless crosses and balls in to the box.

If there’s nothing on we start again and everyone looked comfortable on the ball.   I think we will play some good stuff this season. 

Â