Dean Smith

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

So...  I take it Deano has finally won you over?

He already did when the promotion was confirmed. Which i look on as a miracle considering our circumstances when he took over.

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He already did when the promotion was confirmed. Which i look on as a miracle considering our circumstances when he took over.

Weird that you were criticizing him for not being in the playoff placed then.

50 minutes ago, villakram said:

Can we not at least wait until we lose the possession battle in a league game before we start arguing.

Pre-season is a happy time.

Many Villa fans seem happy in their misery, which is unfathomable given our unbeaten run, play-off victory and fantasy football summer transfers. Just glance across at any Sha or boing boing fans to see what real unhappiness looks like..they're so miserable they're having to spend the summer obsessing over our club. 😂

Edited by Darth Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Darth Villa said:

Many Villa fans seem happy in their misery, which is unfathomable given our unbeaten run, play-off victory and fantasy football summer transfers. Just glance across at any Sha or boing boing fans to see what real unhappiness looks like..they're so miserable they're having to spend the summer obsessing over our club. 😂

#viLLaArEdoiNgAfuLhAm

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, KMitch said:

We really need to make this into a chant this season...  

When winning at Spurs "Doing a Fulham? You're having a laff" would be bostin. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple". (Bill Shankly) 

My dad once met Bob Paisley who said to him "at the beginning of the game the score is nil-nil.  The aim of the game is not to let things deteriorate from there. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Darth Villa said:

That's true City n brom fans have been watching our friendlys, there's an awful lot in the chat channels trying to grief us that you know it's jealousy now.

My only sadness is we won't get to play them with the squad were putting together, what a time that would be witnessing there destruction.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

That's true City n brom fans have been watching our friendlys, there's an awful lot in the chat channels trying to grief us that you know it's jealousy now.

My only sadness is we won't get to play them with the squad were putting together, what a time that would be witnessing there destruction.

Might get em in the cups & utterly destroy them! 😆

• Like 2

Absolutely no doubt about it in my opinion... If we stay up this season, then Smith and co. will have done an unbelievable job.

The state of the squad when Bruce left, massive wages on distinctly average players and an aging squad with no resale value. It was almost an impossible job from where we were to get promoted and then build a squad capable of staying up.

If, and it's a big if, we stay up then Dean Smith will have completed mission impossible. From there, the sky would be the limit. I think though, and I'm sure the coaching staff would agree, let's finish 17th minimum. I think the hardest part of this job is still to come and that's survival this season.

So, let's get right behind the manager and players (judging by the support levels then this is already happening) and stay up this year and progress from there. This time next year, I'm sure the hope is we will need 2/3 players for 100m like fat Sam said. Is that is the case, we know we are going places then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Feeling confident we will at least be better than the dinosaurs. Bruce, Dyche, Hodgson

That’s a better spirit! Only time will tell whether Smith will succeed with Villa in the PL but we’ll definitely see better football along the way.

On 27/07/2019 at 09:46, villalad21 said:

Feeling confident we will at least be better than the dinosaurs. Bruce, Dyche, Hodgson

Harsh on Hodgson, those other guys haven't achieved anything like what he has in the game. Man has titles and cup finals all over the gaff. 

Palace have finished 11th and 12th the last two seasons as well, despite lacking a consistent goalscorer. He's one of the few who I think if he had a fancier name would be much more highly regarded. Whether his style of counter attacking football will stand the test of time remains to be seen, but he doesn't appear to be done yet. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Â