Dean Smith

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wonder if by joining Norwich so soon, the amount of compensation we pay out is reduced? 
Good on him for taking the role, he’s not a huge profile so the longer he went without a job, the less his name would be linked. 
Wish him well (unless playing us)

I would have thought so. Otherwise he could get sacked from Norwich after a year and end up getting paid 2 severance packages.

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Wonder if by joining Norwich so soon, the amount of compensation we pay out is reduced? 
Good on him for taking the role, he’s not a huge profile so the longer he went without a job, the less his name would be linked. 

I wouldn’t have thought so, he wasn’t put on “gardening leave” he was sacked so there is no cross over. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yeah me too. From what I understand sometimes managers get paid a lump sum (a pre-agreed percentage of the remaining value of the contract) and sometimes they just carry on getting paid as before, but obviously don’t do anything for it.

To jump straight into another job, and Villa owners seeming like decent guysI suspect they’ve paid him a lump sum and he’s free to do what he likes. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I wouldn’t have thought so, he wasn’t put on “gardening leave” he was sacked so there is no cross over. 

If we terminate his contact we have to pay the remaining balance. Whether that's up front or monthly don't know. But that I would have thought is the general principle.

• Like 2

Depends on whether you agree a pay off settlement or not. Di.Matteo for example was sacked by Chelsea and stayed on 130k a week for the remainder of his contract period because he didn't. My guess is Smith would have agreed a negotiated pay off because he intended to get back going in management asap

• Like 1

All to best to him. When players, ex managers go elsewhere though all it does is copper fasten how much of a Villa fan i am as opposed to getting too hung up on a player or manager. All ready im of the mindset that i want us to smash Smith and Grealish respectively when we play them in the next few weeks. 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I think what was concerning was that yes we had a terrible pre-season and started indifferently but things continued to get worse, even as key players came back.

Its hard to catch up fitness levels though 

• Like 1

Surprised he's jumped so quickly. I'm sure he could have got a better job if he waits around. Going to Norwich makes his first challenge getting promoted again next year instead of any objectives this season

• Like 1

Â