Dean Smith

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Is your beef with Smith personal or something? Because he's not even at the club anymore. This is just weird.

Not nearly as weird as wanting the manager of a rival club to win every game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, villa89 said:

The  Norwich job is as big as he was ever going to get. If he waited around he would never have got back into management. 

Don’t agree with that.  Eddie Howe gets the Newcastle job, Bruce keeps getting back in.  Plenty of lower half of PL teams if they look for a new manager would consider Smith.  There isn’t that much about in terms of competition for him at the moment for those type of positions.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Bit of a rush I thought. You have a nice pay off, spend sometime with the family like never before. A better position will present itself in the future, unless he fancies it back in the Championship.

I agree, I think better opportunities will arise if he waits because of the lack currently of competition for him.  If decides to take the Norwich job fair play but I think he should wait a little longer for a better opportunity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I wonder if all them posters who bashed Smith with Wilder /Bielsa comparisons be doing the same thing with Gerrard if Smith overachieves 🤔🤔

Norwich already chose Smith over Lampard! At least others respect him when comparing to other managers.

55 minutes ago, jim said:

We've got a stronger squad so we have nothing to worry about . Plus Smith will now have to pick the players he signs all on his own.

He won't have the input and data that Purslows team generate to pick players that's are underperforming and offer good value for money. He's got one hell of a hard job in front of him. I think he can do it

Bare in mind we have a fantastic manager with a proven ability to dig teams out of trouble and a squad that's being carefully selected by experts.  UTV 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, jim said:

I don’t get why that’s weird*. Smith is a Villa fan and all round nice guy. I hope he has an incredibly successful rest-of-career.

* (Assuming OP mentioned “aside from against Villa”)

• Like 3

Â