Dean Smith

Demitri_C

What's also sad, is that I genuinely used to take these articles as absolute tripe.

However, as I've mentioned multiple times, after rubbishing rumours about Jack, and agreements being in place etc, trolling opposition fans about it and being left to look an idiot, nothing surprises me.

Although, it could be someone from the " Football Insider " HQ, looking at the table, and throwing more shite at the wall hoping their initial article last season, where " Nuno was set to take over " might gain some credence.

It would be quite bizarre at this stage, that's for sure.

I love his response to the question, but wonder why he was asked it? Is there any context aside from that quote?

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What's also sad, is that I genuinely used to take these articles as absolute tripe.

However, as I've mentioned multiple times, after rubbishing rumours about Jack, and agreements being in place etc, trolling opposition fans about it and being left to look an idiot, nothing surprises me.

Although, it could be someone from the " Football Insider " HQ, looking at the table, and throwing more shite at the wall hoping their initial article last season, where " Nuno was set to take over " might gain some credence.

I love his response to the question, but wonder why he was asked it? Is there any context aside from that quote?

Steven Gerrard will be our next manager. I don’t know this but just a hunch.

This Saturday will be the first time Dean will have a full squad to choose from, all be it a fair few players will lack match sharpness and fitness, but at least they are all available to play a part if needed (except for Davis).

I literally have no idea how the likes of Bailey, Buendia, Traore and Ings all fit in to that team.

It's exciting to have those options, including Ramsey and even Anwar who has been playing decent football before he was dropped.

But even though he will have quality squad to choose from, it will still take time for these players to learn how to play together and for Dean to work out his best eleven.

people need to be patient and ignore trash clickbait articles written by subhuman scum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I might be wrong but I think it’s from the interview he did on the podcast with Graham Hunter.

If so then it is definitely out of context.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Just no patience in the world. Everything has to be right now and immediate. He’s doing a very good job and I firmly believe in him. 

Adventure seeker on an empty street, just an alley creeper, light on his feet. 

Edited by Kiwivillan

I can’t believe there is such an obsession now with the football reporting media hounding managers out of jobs. I appreciate a large amount of it is click-bait nonsense rather than anything with an ounce of credibility. I guess like seemingly everything else in this world, it’s just getting more and more toxic by the day.

I think if we were performing like the first half against Watford week in week out then I'd say get rid. But there were lots of positives from Chelsea with a shrewd tactical plan, effort and desire from players and some steller performances... and we still haven't been able to field our strongest XI by any stretch.

If you look at how the likes of Grealish, Ramsey and Konsa have developed under Dean's coaching I'd say we would be very ill advised to change manager at this juncture. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would be really disappointed if Smith got sacked before the end of this season.

I'm completely open minded about another manager coming in at some point, but a mid-season sacking while we're building a new team would just be a shame. Really want to see what Smith can do with this new squad.

Edit: and obviously, Football Insider is a massive load of shit btw, so I don't think this is going to happen. But just in case Purslow is reading: don't sack Dean Smith.

Edited by KentVillan

Â