Dean Smith

Demitri_C

That football insider should be done on so many levels. Pure made up nonsense and no doubt just an attempt to destabilise AVFC as maybe the Spurs fan doesn’t like seeing us improve year on year. 
Surely it can’t be legal to publish complete made up nonsense which could potentially destabilise a person or business? 

6 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I can’t believe there is such an obsession now with the football reporting media hounding managers out of jobs. I appreciate a large amount of it is click-bait nonsense rather than anything with an ounce of credibility. I guess like seemingly everything else in this world, it’s just getting more and more toxic by the day.

The media is merely a tool in a massively corrupt worldwide sporting organisation.

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Robin Johnson, the owner of Football Insider is an Arsenal fan who started out with a website called Arsenalinsider.

Most of the stories are now made up by a chap called Wayne Veysey, he once worked for the Shropshire star and is from Shrewsbury, so could well support a MIldands team with a raging inferiority complex although there are rumours he's a Spurs fan. He wanted to be a proper journalist, but has since found a more comfortable niche in creative football writing. He's responsible for an awful lot of the complete garbage written about football in this country.

My understanding is that Wayne Veysey is in a battle for his job after Robin found a monkey that picks stock phrases from a board in the office to make stories.

"That's it monkey, one from the player board "Marcus Rashford", very good, now the action board, "is furious with", okay, good, and now the final board "Everton". Excellent, "Marcus Rashford is furious with Everton after talks breakdown" print it and list it against our football insider source - right then...pub?"

Dean Smith on the other hand, is not under any threat of losing his job.

What you fail to print is the monkey gets it right more times than most ITK’s 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

I can’t believe there is such an obsession now with the football reporting media hounding managers out of jobs. I appreciate a large amount of it is click-bait nonsense rather than anything with an ounce of credibility. I guess like seemingly everything else in this world, it’s just getting more and more toxic by the day.

Yet last season only 4 managers left there job in the Premier League. 2 of them relegated teams and one of the others was Chelsea 

Its like the media are desperate once its not Brucey. This time last season David Moyes was favourite for the chop

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

It’s all about drama. Drama sells papers. Drama does not result in successful football teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yet last season only 4 managers left there job in the Premier League. 2 of them relegated teams and one of the others was Chelsea 

Its like the media are desperate once its not Brucey. This time last season David Moyes was favourite for the chop

You’re so right with this. We were “fickle” and “unrealistic” when we were languishing in mid table in the Championship, but they seem keen to hound a manager who has constantly improved us out of a job when we are comfortable in the PL. The idiots on Twitter don’t help, as it allows them to build a narrative that “the fans have turned”.

Smith is going no where, based on just how we performed in the last game. He has the players improving and we look a real handful.

Granted the results need to be there. I’d snap your hand off for 10th right now. Anything above that is good. Top 8 is real progress.

We would have to struggle to finish 15th for him to even be looked at getting sacked for me. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GrassyNoel said:

In case anyone has missed the fount of accurate football info that is Football Insider...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-smith-fighting-for-his-job-at-aston-villa-as-manager-masterplan-revealed/

From the time, he walked through the door, he knows better than most, he has to win football matches.....its all very well, dining out on performances, they are the barometer for results and sure they are extremely important, but results pay the bills.

I am often unsure of the interpretation of "performances", because for me it has to include attacking AND defending, not just one element...which includes containment and soaking up pressure, too.

We win on Saturday and the anxiety levels drop....wins breed confidence and belief as do performances....like the sun & rain we need both.

Every manager in the PL is under pressure to get results. If the results don't come, then regardless of performances the manager / head coach is likely to be sacked. It doesn't matter whether that is Pep, Dean or any other manager. CP and the club will have a level of points that Dean must get, if he gets those points he is safe, if he doesn't get them he will be sacked. If we are in the bottom 3 at Xmas I expect he will be sacked. The earliest he would be sacked I would say would be after about 12 games and we would need a really horrendous run of results for that to happen/

I don't expect our results to be that bad and as such I don't expect Dean to be sacked but there is nothing wrong with discussing it and assessing the performances and results and speculating as to a potential sacking or otherwise

If we continue to play as well as we did last Saturday and reduce unnecessary mistakes, we will win more matches than we lose this season.

I don't see a crisis arising unless we fail to cut out glaring errors. After the next half a dozen games we should have a much clearer idea of where we're at.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

If we continue to play as well as we did last Saturday and reduce unnecessary mistakes, we will win more matches than we lose this season.

I don't see a crisis arising unless we fail to cut out glaring errors. After the next half a dozen games we should have a much clearer idea of where we're at.

It really is frustrating, because there were so many elements of our play that day, that was mightily encouraging....I thought 3-5-2 was spot on.

Chelsea were clearly uncomfortable at times and that was endorsed by a magnanimous Tuchel......On another day, we would have scored, but I find it difficult not to praise their defending, and organisation, nonetheless.

If we can emulate some of that play on Saturday against Everton, I will be delighted.....cut out the errors against Watford and Chelsea and we will be fine.

but we do need wins.

53 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Even with the errors I think we will be fine. We have a good squad and can score goals and are going to finish midtable at worst. If we cut out the errors then we can push for a top half finish and with a little luck we could pinch a Europa spot

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Even with the errors I think we will be fine. We have a good squad and can score goals and are going to finish midtable at worst. If we cut out the errors then we can push for a top half finish and with a little luck we could pinch a Europa spot

Unless we get an even worse long term injury crisis we will be ok. Our attack on paper is probably the best outside top 6(i include Leicester in top 6 not Arsenal) 

Edited by Zatman

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Unless we get an even worse long term injury crisis we will be ok. Our attack on paper is probably the best outside top 6(i include Leicester in top 6 not Arsenal) 

If being okay means avoiding relegation I believe we are at zero risk of relegation, even if we have a few key injuries. We have more strength in depth in the squad that I can remember for a very very long time, if not ever. There are 3 worse teams than Villa this season and I am not considering relegation. I am more concerned about our ability to finish in the top half and if we can push for 7th in the league. 

Ugh Twitter is making me look at aston villa posts because it thinks I'll like them.

They are all about how DS shouldn't lose his job and if he does, the tweeter will be very upset.

I didn't know there was a debate happening. This is just people thinking news is actually true things that are happening and not just a careful selection of words designed for attention or clicks or sales, with no reference to reality or whether or not Brexit would actually be a good thing.

I may as well be reading tweets about how Hitler was a bad guy. No one said he wasn't!

20 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If being okay means avoiding relegation I believe we are at zero risk of relegation, even if we have a few key injuries. We have more strength in depth in the squad that I can remember for a very very long time, if not ever. There are 3 worse teams than Villa this season and I am not considering relegation. I am more concerned about our ability to finish in the top half and if we can push for 7th in the league. 

Ok in that I mean we wont do worse than last season. Im not thinking of relegation at all 😂

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Robin Johnson, the owner of Football Insider is an Arsenal fan who started out with a website called Arsenalinsider.

Most of the stories are now made up by a chap called Wayne Veysey, he once worked for the Shropshire star and is from Shrewsbury, so could well support a MIldands team with a raging inferiority complex although there are rumours he's a Spurs fan. He wanted to be a proper journalist, but has since found a more comfortable niche in creative football writing. He's responsible for an awful lot of the complete garbage written about football in this country.

My understanding is that Wayne Veysey is in a battle for his job after Robin found a monkey that picks stock phrases from a board in the office to make stories.

"That's it monkey, one from the player board "Marcus Rashford", very good, now the action board, "is furious with", okay, good, and now the final board "Everton". Excellent, "Marcus Rashford is furious with Everton after talks breakdown" print it and list it against our football insider source - right then...pub?"

Dean Smith on the other hand, is not under any threat of losing his job.

If you fancy a laugh, just search for "wayne veysey" on Twitter. Almost every single story he's named on is wrong.

I did notice he managed to call a loan move for a 21 year old who can't get into the Leeds team... minutes before it happened. So fair play, he must have a source somewhere.

Â