Dean Smith

Demitri_C

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s always respectful though which I like. I’ve seen how some managers respond and it’s cringe worthy. 

Dean is an thoroughly nice guy, an engaging Character, very few dipute that....I guess he just goes with the flow, in these gatherings.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Football Insider headlines tomorrow...

Mancini latest as Dean Smith feeling the pressure.

Dean has felt the pressure from the day he walked through the door....to be fair to the fella, he handles is very well, calm and composed. He has had challenges all the way through, whats new?

Its inevitable that results will cause speculation, like a plague of rats, its spreads and breeds....Folk, who have no interest in the well being of the club will jump on it like desperate souls, they are.

Our progress was always going to be a slow burn and Dean has handled the set backs and disruptions with aplomb....He is not a wallower in excuses and creates a valuable harmony for the club.

Sure, He wants to win more games and right now a few would be welcome.....but this is the time he needs support, not when we have won 5 on the bounce.

Its unhelpful, to keep having these distractions, I hope we win today, just to put a lid on it.

Ps Dean has a vested interest in all levels of football at our club....would a foreign manager be so invested in the lower levels?.....some folk need to be careful what they wish for....I'll bet Arsenal fans will vouch for that.

• Thanks 1

I don't know whether it was just the camera work ... but it was interesting comparing Rafa with Dean

The tele showed Rafa continually telling players what to do. Whereas Dean was always in huddle with the other coaches  discussing tactics I presume. Either that or what to order from the take away.

Edited by fruitvilla
added "s"
  • Like 1

I like that Dean saw us as too predictable last season and wants to change it up. But, for me, we should only be going with that 3-5-2 when we play teams like Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and want to keep it tight and counter attack them. When the opposition carry more of an attacking threat, basically. 

I think when we play all other teams we should be brave with the attacking players that we have and go at the opposition. 

By the way, that's not me being critical. Just making an observation. 

What a team/squad he has assembled! 

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

Our set plays have been utter rubbish for years…….Not any more. I’m not sure who should get the credit

I think the fact that we have a new set piece coach this season and hadn't have one before suggests that Austin MacPhee should get the credit.

And yes, CP and DS and whoever else appointed him deserves credit too.

Not long back from the game, was just watching some highlights of Baileys goal and i thought the commentary was brilliant. 

‘And Villa Park, this famous football cathedral, finally has a team worthy of this stage again’

Thank you gaffer. 

Edited by av1

19 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think the fact that we have a new set piece coach this season and hadn't have one before suggests that Austin MacPhee should get the credit.

And yes, CP and DS and whoever else appointed him deserves credit too.

This is what I love about Dean, when you look at his back room appointments, Terry, Shakespeare, AM, he has the confidence in his own ability to surround himself with strong personalities. 

I think that says a lot about the guy. 

Â