Dean Smith

Demitri_C

I love Dean as a bloke and I really want him to be successful. I really do. Sadly I am certain he will get sacked by Christmas. He just keeps making the same mistakes time and again.

All of my non Villa supporting mates think he is a poor manager. They are not emotionally involved and they only see a poor level manager. I know this post will be unpopular but the facts are there for all to see. His record without Grealish is appalling. We lose loads and never create anything. Fact.

Dean got the selection very wrong today.

Young should have started left back.

Ramsey for me should have started.

Bailey should have also started and been replaced by Traore in the 2nd half.

I hope that he learns from this match and he doesn’t keep tinkering with the team during the season.

if we finish outside the top ten he won’t be here next season. I’m certain of it. And I like him a lot.

• Like 1

If he had his time again he'd start Ramsey and go with 3 man midfield.

What we put out in final third didn't work at all, haven't seen us disjointed in final third for a long while.

My main issue with him today is Targett was really struggling with Sarr first 15 minutes, it took us until 40th minute to tweak the set up. Why? There's no way a Tuchel type manager would wait that long, they'd be changing the structure after 20 minutes.

That's why I can't ever see him pushing us into top 6 range as we'll just throw away too many points in these type of games. Already first game where we're losing and don't even pick up a point.

Just have to hope for better next week with a full week's training at Bodymoor. Bailey will obviously start next weekend and hopefully Ollie can be involved aswell even if it's from the bench.

• Like 2

Just now, DCJonah said:

I love how the usual people who for 2 years have claimed he's terrible, can't wait to jump in whenever something goes wrong

Hilariously predictable.

Almost as hilariously predictable as this post. 

People are allowed to like Dean Smith and still criticise when he gets things wrong.

I really want him to do well but can accept when he gets things wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Genuinely, what Smith sees in El Ghazi I’ll never know. I’d rather have a 25% fit Bailey and Traore on the pitch and I don’t rate Traore (albeit he did well today).

I don’t like to blame managers for losses as the players get away with too much but my god, what on earth was he thinking playing El Ghazi and on the right? He’s crap on the left, let alone the right. 

Poor, poor management. 

Need two midfielders. DMC/AMC. 

Players get away with what they can.....Managers have to be on top of that.

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Dean got the selection very wrong today.

Young should have started left back.

Ramsey for me should have started.

Bailey should have also started and been replaced by Traore in the 2nd half.

I hope that he learns from this match and he doesn’t keep tinkering with the team during the season.

if we finish outside the top ten he won’t be here next season. I’m certain of it. And I like him a lot.

So you wouldn’t have started one of our best players last season, a young kid should have stated and a player who has only been in the country a couple of days would also have been an obvious starter. If only Dean had the luxury of picking the team at 3.45 eh?

• Like 1

Got the first half all wrong really. 

Though, I feel it will take time for the players to settle in and gel together. It's quite alarming how some of the players who were here last season looked like they hadn't played together before.

Hoping we can just put this one down to a bad day at the office against a newly promoted team who were excellent. 

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If he had his time again he'd start Ramsey and go with 3 man midfield.

What we put out in final third didn't work at all, haven't seen us disjointed in final third for a long while.

My main issue with him today is Targett was really struggling with Sarr first 15 minutes, it took us until 40th minute to tweak the set up. Why? There's no way a Tuchel type manager would wait that long, they'd be changing the structure after 20 minutes.

That's why I can't ever see him pushing us into top 6 range as we'll just throw away too many points in these type of games. Already first game where we're losing and don't even pick up a point.

Just have to hope for better next week with a full week's training at Bodymoor. Bailey will obviously start next weekend and hopefully Ollie can be involved aswell even if it's from the bench.

Decision making is a huge difference in the evaluation of managers.

I love Deano and think a lot of folk that look to jump on him at the first opportunity are dafties. 

Playing El Ghazi on the right makes me borderline agree with them. Stunned he did that when all evidence points to it being a stupid thing to do.

58 minutes ago, supermon said:

If he loses the next two the he should be sacked in my opinion. Don't want to hang around seeing how long its going to take for him to learn how to play without Grealish. 

Ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤣🤣🤣

What an absolutely insane attitude. We give him THREE games to introduce Ings, Bailey, Buendia, Young, and perhaps another CM, get them all to gel.

Can’t make it up. This is the sort of thing you expect from AFTV

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Deaoo has got a blindspot for McGinn. When i heard he was vice captain i was happy forhim but with a tinge of sadness as a fan.

Simple facts about our buys  . 320 million spent since Dean came in. Of that we have spent £39 mill on the engine room of the team. Nakamba 10 luiz 15 and sanson 14 . 

Why we have spent so little in this area is beyond me when we have spent the following in other areas

Wingers .. Buendia Bailey Traore Jota Trez El Ghazi .... over £100 mill without any of the add on costs 

Strikers .. wesley samatta watkins ings 

.. over £85 mill without any addons 

Defenders .. £70 mill without add ons .

Goalies .. £30 mill or so 

This is a blindspot quite obviously for the manager and the DoF . 

They need to identify and purchase 2 top quality midfielders so we are not going backwards in the cm position. 

And this is the absolute truth of the situation. Great post.

• Like 2

Â