Dean Smith

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

You and ya pal must be on drugs mate. This season is far from just survival, it's about getting into Europe, Smith's said it himself and the board and I think Purslow will be expecting it!!

Stronger team last season?? Debatable with who we have replaced Jack with.

Have you watched us over the last few seasons ? We have just lost the best player I have ever seen in a villa shirt and we expect to progress?

We averaged 0.95 points without him,  work the 'math' out.

We have replaced him with a championship  player and a winger who's played most of his career in foreign leagues. Even if they  go on and develop into top top players it's going to take at least 3 months for them to get upto speed.(Bailey looks like he could be a great player)

For anyone to realistically  expect an improvement  on last season with this squad then to me,  and I'm sorry , they know **** all about football.

I don't care what anyone says when it comes to this season, Smith included, we are going to struggle in comparison to last season.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, tinker said:

Have you watched us over the last few seasons ? We have just lost the best player I have ever seen in a villa shirt and we expect to progress?

We averaged 0.95 points without him,  work the 'math' out.

We have replaced him with a championship  player and a winger who's played most of his career in foreign leagues. Even if they  go on and develop into top top players it's going to take at least 3 months for them to get upto speed.(Bailey looks like he could be a great player)

For anyone to realistically  expect an improvement  on last season with this squad then to me,  and I'm sorry , they know **** all about football.

I don't care what anyone says when it comes to this season, Smith included, we are going to struggle in comparison to last season

There won't be too many that agree with you, including the board. Even though our talisman has gone, Purslow and crew have backed Smith to be able to crack on. So no, a struggle this season will not be acceptable!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

He recognised the issues and corrected them. We played much better in the second half. 

This^ obviously the lineup wasn’t ideal but he made plenty of changes and things finally improved second half. Should be given credit for that considering how much flak he gets for not making enough changes.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

There won't be too many that agree with you, including the board. Even though our talisman has gone, Purslow and crew have backed Smith to be able to crack on. So no, a struggle this season will not be acceptable!

Let's see who's  right, I sincerely  hope its 'the many and Purslow and his happy clappers ' who are and I'm just a pessimistic old ****.  

I'm off to chill , pissed off . UTV.

33 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

A couple more performances like that and Smith will be gone

I must admit thinking the same when it was 3-0.

We must bounce back and win the next match otherwise he'll start to feel the pressure!

Dean will sort this out, just like he’s sorted out the other three seasons he’s been in charge. Calls for his head after one game just makes us sound like self entitled Arsenal fans. Be annoyed, fine. But some of the overreactions on VT today are mental.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ings is a real problem for Smith. And it might be his downfall. 

I agree with this mate 100%. I think he is going to have a problem on how to play him, especially when Watkins comes back in. An we really don't want to be the ones who halt his career, by not getting the best out of him, he has come here to show his qualities.

If not for the penalty today, I think he would have left the pitch feeling a bit pissed off.

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Deaoo has got a blindspot for McGinn. When i heard he was vice captain i was happy forhim but with a tinge of sadness as a fan.

Simple facts about our buys  . 320 million spent since Dean came in. Of that we have spent £39 mill on the engine room of the team. Nakamba 10 luiz 15 and sanson 14 . 

Why we have spent so little in this area is beyond me when we have spent the following in other areas

Wingers .. Buendia Bailey Traore Jota Trez El Ghazi .... over £100 mill without any of the add on costs 

Strikers .. wesley samatta watkins ings 

.. over £85 mill without any addons 

Defenders .. £70 mill without add ons .

Goalies .. £30 mill or so 

This is a blindspot quite obviously for the manager and the DoF . 

They need to identify and purchase 2 top quality midfielders so we are not going backwards in the cm position. 

I think its too obvious for words.

we are obssessed with wingers.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

seems Smith said again today that we are probably done with transfers.

I really hope we arent, i really really hope we arent.

If we go in to this season without a proper DM, it will be almost criminal negligence.

The only way out that I can see for him is going 3-5-2

• Like 1

I think the key is to not panic and shit ourselves after one game. Yes it was dire, and it just enhanced the same old problems we have. 

Hopefully the team improve, but the manager doesn't have long....you can't afford to get of to a bad start since Europe is the stated aim. I am assuming if we don't get there, Smith knows he may be gone.

Therefore it's so baffling to me that we haven't identified and fixed the biggest issue. That being the huge deficiency in central midfield. If Smith is happy with what he is getting from there, then well he won't be getting European football at all and it may cost him his job.

I just hope it gets fixed somehow. If there is no more money available and no more signings I guess it's down to a tired Luiz and perpetually injured Sanson to turn the position around. Interesting times.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

I think the key is to not panic and shit ourselves after one game. Yes it was dire, and it just enhanced the same old problems we have. 

Hopefully the team improve, but the manager doesn't have long....you can't afford to get of to a bad start since Europe is the stated aim. I am assuming if we don't get there, Smith knows he may be gone.

Therefore it's so baffling to me that we haven't identified and fixed the biggest issue. That being the huge deficiency in central midfield. If Smith is happy with what he is getting from there, then well he won't be getting European football at all and it may cost him his job.

I just hope it gets fixed somehow. If there is no more money available and no more signings I guess it's down to a tired Luiz and perpetually injured Sanson to turn the position around. Interesting times.

so Sanson being injured once for us is perpetually injured????

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I actually can't believe he openly said that. Europe being the aim. 

He must have known he'd be putting massive pressure on himself by such statement. 

I can only imagine these demands has come from the owners. 

Â