Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Dean has never been able to get results or performances without Grealish. He got it totally wrong today. He talks about a style of play but never actually manages to deliver performances to back it up. These are all indisputable facts.

Now, I really want him to prove me wrong here because I love the man. He is one of us and a top bloke to boot but I predict he will be gone by Christmas, along with any chance we have of a top 10 finish. His inability to understand the importance and composition of a coherent midfield is his biggest weakness. It will be his undoing and sadly all of ours too. 

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Dean has never been able to get results or performances without Grealish. He got it totally wrong today. He talks about a style of play but never actually manages to deliver performances to back it up. These are all indisputable facts.

Now, I really want him to prove me wrong here because I love the man. He is one of us and a top bloke to boot but I predict he will be gone by Christmas, along with any chance we have of a top 10 finish. His inability to understand the importance and composition of a coherent midfield is his biggest weakness. It will be his undoing and sadly all of ours too. 

Grealish didn’t play for Brentford. Smith did OK there.

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

Grealish didn’t play for Brentford. Smith did OK there.

They seem to have done much better since he left! I also don’t care what he has done elsewhere. I only care about Villa. The team’s performance without Grealish have been woeful. Not average or even poor. Absolutely woeful!

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dean: “You read speculation about how much he's going to develop at City. Jack must have developed somewhat with Villa to become a £100m player. I take great pride in what everybody at Villa's done for him and what he’s done for us.”

Mic drop.

I personally think it was a bit disengenuous for Jack not to be more complimentary/appreciative to Dean/Villa.

Sad thing is, some of our fans are the same.

Staggering, isn't it? Villa are in the midst of an exciting  rebirth, guided by Smith. And people are already clamoring for his replacement. Unbelievable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh yeah and one more thing . It appeared we were underprepared for the game today.. off the pace . Totally wrecked by Sarr . Ash playing winger for the first time in ages. 

Dean said they played like an international friendly. 

Well maybe Dean taking the whole senior coaching staff out for the night to Brentford yesterday evening wasnt the greatest idea. Especially with us losing 2 coaches in the last 3 weeks . Jack going , him being isolated for 10 days and our preseason being ruined by 2 cancelled games. 

I think he took his eye off the ball for this one. I hope he realises that now 

• Thanks 1

As long as things improve sharpish then it’s ok. Put today behind us and get a few wins and it’ll all be ok. We do need to kick on a bit this season though. We need to be beating teams like Watford. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Oh yeah and one more thing . It appeared we were underprepared for the game today.. off the pace . Totally wrecked by Sarr . Ash playing winger for the first time in ages. 

Dean said they played like an international friendly. 

Well maybe Dean taking the whole senior coaching staff out for the night to Brentford yesterday evening wasnt the greatest idea. Especially with us losing 2 coaches in the last 3 weeks . Jack going , him being isolated for 10 days and our preseason being ruined by 2 cancelled games. 

I think he took his eye off the ball for this one. I hope he realises that now 

You may be right about taking his eye off the ball, but I’m not sure what the Brentford thing has to do with it. The players would not have been training last night.

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

You may be right about taking his eye off the ball, but I’m not sure what the Brentford thing has to do with it. The players would not have been training last night.

Probably out on the piss in the hotel when he wasn’t there

Just now, HKP90 said:

I think more of some individual meetings to go over the opponents strnegths weaknesses and our shape with Ash playing in front of Targett. 

Watford away was always gonna be trick match day one, no excuse for the levell of performance from us though, especially the first half we were ****. No need to panic though. The owners have a clear plan and ambition, DS knows this and he also knows what comes if he doesn't achieve the aims for the season. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I think more of some individual meetings to go over the opponents strnegths weaknesses and our shape with Ash playing in front of Targett. 

I know they are paid a load of money, but I doubt they would be going over tactics at 8pm 

• Shocked 1

I despair sometimes. What’s sad is the same people who will argue for years that we need to get rid of Smith… are the ones who will turn on a new manager first. A Premier League season is 38 games ffs. We will lose some games.

You don’t sack a manager (*any* manager) after a handful of bad results. 

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I forgot what a depressing place this is during the season. 

Today wasn't good but I can stretch my generosity to give him more than one match. 

Precisely why I stayed away from the match thread today. Didn't want it ruining my positivity for the season. I'm still positive, even though Deano got it horribly wrong today 

• Like 1

Â