Dean Smith

Demitri_C

My only worry is, has he concentrated on the front a bit too much, being this attacking style he coaches. Hopefully we can at least bring in a CDM to shore up the defence. If our front line matched our back line, we should be walking into Europe.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

My only worry is, has he concentrated on the front a bit too much, being this attacking style he coaches. Hopefully we can at least bring in a CDM to shore up the defence. If our front line matched our back line, we should be walking into Europe.

Our forward line will press from the front and cut off supply lines to opposition attacks. The way Brentford played last night is how Dean Smith's Brentford and Walsall used to play.

I've been looking for us to play that way since he came in. We will have more possession this season and we'll be higher up the pitch.

Don't really understand why he took 40 minutes to switch Young and El ghazi. AEG is rubbish on the right anyway.

Targett having a nightmare but you surely do something about it if you see him struggling after 15 minutes? There's no way a Tuchel or Guardiola would just wait until half time to do something about it because as we've seen we concede another and getting something out of the game gets very difficult.

It's those little things, he just differs too much when we're in a difficult situation in the game.

Let's see how long in the second half before we make some changes.

Lets hope this is a blip, but if we are expecting European football, we need to hit the ground running, not another season of rebuilding.

If I'm honest, I'm a little worried for him, it's a real test now, no Jack to get him out the shite. The board will have a new manager in like the Ings transfer if he don't show some coaching qualities.

Edited by foreveryoung

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Made a career off Jack Grealish.

Aeg on the right when we all know he is less than useless there. Not even do a job good.

A 37 year old at wing who hasn't played there in about 6 years.

Unbelievable. Indefensible.

He’s a Villa fan so it’s OK.

Â