Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

how you get a team down to 10 men and losing to win like that I have no idea

Yep, that was some turnaround. 

I spoke with my Dad on the phone at half time and we both said we looked toothless but my Dad believed we could still turn it around. I said "well, I suppose Smith could remind them that they are playing a team that's in the bottom three for a reason, they are generally poor". Maybe Smith reminded the players of the calibre of opposition and gave them belief that this Villa team could beat that Rotherham team with 10 men? 

• Like 1

I was doubting him around January-February, after a run of dreadful performances, but I'm back in love with the Villa, thanks Dean.

Yes, I'm fickle , what of it?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Big credit to DS and the team for the run over the last 7/8 games, looking at the run:

Stoke : draw

Derby : 4-0

SHA : 1-0 (who have drawn with Sheff utd & beaten Leeds in their last 2 games)

Forest : 3-1

Boro : 3-0

Blackburn : 2-1 (who beat Derby yesterday)

Sheff Wed : 3-1 (who beat Forest yesterday, as well as taking points off Stoke, Derby & Sheff Utd in the last 6 weeks)

Rotheram : - 2-1 (after being down to 10 men for 2/3 of the game and fighting back from 1-0 down - Rotheram also beat Forest a few weeks ago)

wonderful stuff, regardless of whether we get promoted this season, i cant wait to see what a proper DS Villa will look like once he has a full pre season and transfer window.

Edited by MaVilla

29 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Fantastic reaction from Deano after that first half. Got it absolutely spot on.

Dean Smith at half time v Rotherham tonight - "Come on lads, we've won 6 on the spin and in the play-offs. There's only one goal in it and we're playing the team third from bottom. They're in that position for a reason, they are consistently not very good so let's get out there, get stuck into them and see how they handle the pressure of this Villa team - we can win this". 

Steve Bruce at half time v Rotherham tonight - "Right lads, we're down to 10 so let's keep it tight hey and if we're still only one down with 5 or 10 to go, I'll throw on big Keinan and see if we can win ourselves a few knock-downs and maybe pick up enough pieces to have one or two cracks at goal. Remember though, let's not get carried away, we don't want to be losing by 2 or 3 now". 

• Like 4

Â