Dean Smith

Demitri_C

23 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably the worst performance from the team in the last 7 games and you finally gave him credit where it’s due. 😄

You’re a funny guy mate. Dean smith must be honoured he finally has your approval. 

Cant always be the team that plays the best on the field. Sometimes I'll take and be happy with a very scrappy win even though the scoreline doesn't make it look like that as Wednesday lost the plot in the end.

Perseverance, heart and good subs at the right time is what won us the Wednesday game.

I'm glad Adomah scored but I still fell Albert and Kodjia we will be moving on from them and finding replacements. Especially Kodjia, he just isn't doing enough when ge comes on and looks as though he doesn't fit in a Smith's team at all..

Summer I can't wait to see what transpires.

7 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

I think anyone in the current play off spots will not fancy playing us at all.

I don't know, west brom and sheffield utd will love it, more so west brom, it would be there fantasy and dream match. Considering they have already screwed us out of a goal keeper, out of a win to make it a draw by a cheating player hand-jobbing it in the net, then killed us in the last game 2-0, I would say if any team didn't fear us it would be west brom. They seem to revel in our matches and treat it as if it were a derby like we do with city, we don't seem to treat it as such and that's why they up the tempo against us more.

• Like 1

On 04/04/2019 at 18:25, USA_Villa said:

Isn't it refreshing to see our coaches coaching, delivering instructions and ensuring our players know what they're responsibilities are.

Yes Coaches Coaching is much better than Bruce's Brucing isn't it??

22 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Deano, you've made me truly fall back in love with the Villa.

It'd gone stale.  Even when we were winning games last season, apart from Wolves, it just didn't feel right.

Now, though, I'm hook, line and sinkered all over again.

Thanks.

I've gone from coming home and deleting recorded games upon walking into the house, and never watching Saturday Night highlights to watching highlights from games from weeks ago over and over. 

It really isn't just about the results though, it's the entertaining play we have been starved of for so long.  It's been years since we've had proper football to watch. 

I mean we're probably going to get higher crowd averages towards then end of this season than we did when Martin O'Neil was chasing Champions League. 

• Like 3

Still loving this guys philosophy.

I was heartened to hear Smith say post match he should have made changes earlier. Recognizing Bruce out thought him was to be applauded. I do think wholesale changes for Rotterdam might be coming. Which might be the right thing I am willing to accept Smith's decision either way.

Good times. :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My mate who supports Leeds is confident they would beat us in a final but not over 2 legs...

Personally I think, and why I was happy DS was signed, that we are now a team who's trying to win any match with whoever the opponent is. We will try and take our game to the opposition and isn't that quite lovely. Certain managers, who shall not be named, find it acceptable to sit back and defend for 90 minutes, I hope that page of shitness never finds its way into Dean Smith's book of management. 

Leeds are solid, but I am certain whoever we may meet in any play off game, they will at least meet a Villa team who is there to win and win in style. Which is more than I can say for the management at this club the last 9 years. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Personally I think, and why I was happy DS was signed, that we are now a team who's trying to win any match with whoever the opponent is. We will try and take our game to the opposition and isn't that quite lovely. Certain managers, who shall not be named, find it acceptable to sit back and defend for 90 minutes, I hope that page of shitness never finds its way into Dean Smith's book of management. 

Leeds are solid, but I am certain whoever we may meet in any play off game, they will at least meet a Villa team who is there to win and win in style. Which is more than I can say for the management at this club the last 9 years. 

Problem with Leeds is they are not clinical enough. Losing Roofe may have cost them automatic promotion as Banford keeps missing sitters.

Shef United are very organised and have great team spirit but I think in a very high pressure situation like a playoff final they could struggle. 

Albion have the best team on paper but will lack direction with no manager: 

They’ll be no standout favourite like their was last year.

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I was heartened to hear Smith say post match he should have made changes earlier. Recognizing Bruce out thought him was to be applauded. I do think wholesale changes for Rotterdam might be coming. Which might be the right thing I am willing to accept Smith's decision either way.

Ohhh, we have gone back to 1982 and De Kuip 😉

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

As was I , If i'm honest I was going mental that he wasn't making any changes.

He made his explanation though, and even if I didn't totally agree it's great to know that he is on the same wavelength and aware.

From the get go he did always say he would make mistakes and learn from them etc.

Ultimately, he won though ;)

12 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I'd be quite happy to play West Brom to be honest. They haven't looked very good the last few times I've seen them play.

Yep, I agree with both points, they definitely have this raise their game because it means a lot more to them than us thing going on (Which might be balanced out in a playoff scenario) but since sacking Moore I think there are rumblings at the club that all is not well, they're going to inconsistent from here on in

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

My mate who supports Leeds is confident they would beat us in a final but not over 2 legs...

Not sure if any fan of another club would say there team wouldn't beat our team, especially a friend even if it's just to try a d wind you up lol.

Â