Dean Smith

Demitri_C

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

"Credit where it's due", what a load of utter **** shite. We've been exceptional for the past 5-6 week and Smith has been absolutely faultless, we're clinical, defending very well and playing some brilliant football.

PLEASE don't feed trolls.

• Like 1

We got lucky today. Although his subs played their part in one of the goals, we failed to adapt to Wednesday's physical approach and looked awful for most parts of the game.

We've been playing some beautiful football since appointing DS but I'm not 100% convinced of his tactical ability.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think as of who the Wednesday manager is that result is certainly more important than performance.

Bruce was fired up for this as it was his cup final

Exactly, Bruce kind of knew how to stop us playing, having succeeded in doing it during his tenure here.  Deep down I expected us to get a winner with quality coming through in the end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who is this Bruce?? I do not know this imposter who can speak a variety of different words and is positive about his team. Seriously if the defeats come in I wonder how long these kind of interviews will last. Shall we take bets now in how many defeats it will take for Steve to start ripping into players and fans.

Smith's changes were good again, I would go as far to say they took Wednesday off balance towards the end. 

Yeah I'm more than glad Smith is the man at Villa and not Bruce. Bruce can't half make a game all about defence and to end there run of no losses is a very good achievement still.

A win is a win and that's all that matters at the end of it.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

Looks like his style of play is starting to take shape. He is capable of getting the most out of good players although our style of play is heavily reliant on Jack's creativity in the middle of the park. I think our big squad weakness is that we have nobody else that can really play that role. 

That's not really Smith's fault but it is a worry. We're weak at full back and out wide as well, although Kodjia came on today and did well.

I said while he was at Brentford a while ago that I thought he would do well in the Premier League, let's hope he gets that opportunity with us. If we keep churning out results like that, he will. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Looks like his style of play is starting to take shape. He is capable of getting the most out of good players although our style of play is heavily reliant on Jack's creativity in the middle of the park. I think our big squad weakness is that we have nobody else that can really play that role. 

That's not really Smith's fault but it is a worry. We're weak at full back and out wide as well, although Kodjia came on today and did well.

I said while he was at Brentford a while ago that I thought he would do well in the Premier League, let's hope he gets that opportunity with us. If we keep churning out results like that, he will. 

I think he will do well in the premiere myself, I hope he gets chance to get us up and we win the playoffs.

It would be safe to say that Smith if he did achieve promotion in his first season (not even a full season) would be our best manager since the 1990's, would it not???

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Love him more and more as the weeks go on. 

Tyrones head, Kortney's head, Axel's head, Alberts head!!!

Anyone else's head Smith, that made me laugh lol

18 points from derby, boro and Blackburn at home and aha, forest and sheff weds away has been fantastic. We’ve been top class in some of those games at times but satisfying today to do it in the manner we did as well.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Credit where it's due.

His subs changed the game. Well done Dean, cherish this moment because it might take a while before i say something similar.

Probably the worst performance from the team in the last 7 games and you finally gave him credit where it’s due. 😄

You’re a funny guy mate. Dean smith must be honoured he finally has your approval. 

• Like 4

Â