Dean Smith

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Probably the worst performance from the team in the last 7 games and you finally gave him credit where it’s due. 😄

You’re a funny guy mate. Dean smith must be honoured he finally has your approval. 

I praised him for his subs that changed the game, not the game as a whole.

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But he pretty much makes those same subs every game. Guess he must have got lucky today.  

Not as if he has a wide selection to choose from, has to make do with what he has and there are some I wouldn't feel confident in..

Wait till summer when there is real choice to choose from, hopefully we can get  a player like Grealish because even he at times needs resting.

Edited by Dave-R

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

"Credit where it's due", what a load of utter **** shite. We've been exceptional for the past 5-6 week and Smith has been absolutely faultless, we're clinical, defending very well and playing some brilliant football.

Agree 100%.

And today was part of that. It’d be a shame if people started expecting wonderful passing football every game.

Smith is instilling other, equally vital, characteristics into the Team, and deserves great credit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

We got lucky today. Although his subs played their part in one of the goals, we failed to adapt to Wednesday's physical approach and looked awful for most parts of the game.

We've been playing some beautiful football since appointing DS but I'm not 100% convinced of his tactical ability.

Like this.... the opposition are allowed to do well, we are allowed to be below par.....I can’t agree it’s much to do with luck. It plays a part, yes, but so do many other traits. Winning teams do what we did today. No Team Wins 6 in a row without some below par periods.

4 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115ca90d4462582f4449

Some how I don't think our players will ever look that tasty..

Would be amusing to see them do that pose, I would be laughing on the floor if there next kit were a bunch of black dresses though and they all did that pose on the pitch after a goal..

Edited by Dave-R

15 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Agree 100%.

And today was part of that. It’d be a shame if people started expecting wonderful passing football every game.

Smith is instilling other, equally vital, characteristics into the Team, and deserves great credit.

The OP only gave him credit for his substitutions.

That is such a small part of management in my opinion yet seems to be scrutinised more than anything at times!

• Like 1

Really does feel like something good is happening here. This has nothing to do with promotion from my perspective - bar the spectre of key players leaving in the summer of course. There's more than a couple of potential legends in this side right now.

• Like 2

I think he is very much in synch with the team and our club. There will be dips, but I am confident he can take us forward.

Thank you Dean Smith. I now look forward to Villa games with excitement, instead of a masochistic weekend ritual.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Deano, you've made me truly fall back in love with the Villa.

It'd gone stale.  Even when we were winning games last season, apart from Wolves, it just didn't feel right.

Now, though, I'm hook, line and sinkered all over again.

Thanks.

Was thinking the exact same thing last night. Even after Christmas, i’d given up interest and was bored with it all.  For me, the football played can be as important as the result and at times recently, we’ve played some lovely stuff.  It’s entertaining and enjoyable again.  

On a final note, Mrs F is generally pissed off with Deano and the boys! She thought i’d given up watching and listening during game time, and was enjoying dragging me around the shops etc.  Long may this feeling in me continue :flag: UTV

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

It'd gone stale.  Even when we were winning games last season, apart from Wolves, it just didn't feel right.

Thanks.

Exactly how I feel. 

16 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Thanks.

100%

Looking at the attendance figures, you're not alone.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

100%

Looking at the attendance figures, you're not alone.

To be honest I don't even mind if we don't get promoted, I feel like I have seen enough to be hopeful for next season even if we don't get promoted.

I could be wrong, but I feel like even if we don't get promoted and Grealish leaves, we will reinvest that money wisely, and it has been a long long time since I felt like we would invest wisely......

• Like 3

18 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Thanks.

Last year it always felt like death was around the corner and we were just outrunning it for the moment.

This year it's just so much more satisfying seeing a style that's designed to win as opposed to focusing more on what the opposition is doing, going out and doing just that.

• Like 2

For years we've had managers talk up and show too much respect to the opposition so much rather than getting the opposition to fear us. I now feel that we can have a go at anyone!!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Hanky said:

18 points from derby, boro and Blackburn at home and aha, forest and sheff weds away has been fantastic. We’ve been top class in some of those games at times but satisfying today to do it in the manner we did as well.

Imagine if those above us lost all there remaining games and we win all of ours, it's a tall order but could an automatic place be chased we will see..

It's possible still unless someone gets to 82 points, at the moment sheffield utd need 5 points to get to 82 points and Leeds utd need 6 points, with west brom needing 12 points to reach 82 points..

Edited by Dave-R

Â