Dean Smith

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, TRO said:

Thanks....I think it is absolutely crucial in this league.....not optional, Crucial.

Fair point, but Rotherham were naieve to pump it into the box when Jedi was playing there, nobody is going to survive a header when he is on it. 

9 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Not going to change my opinion of him becase of a good run, i'm not that inconsistent in my opinions.

He's on the right track, but i'm curious how we will do if/when Jack get's injured again. Are we still a one man team?

Your opinion currently has been proven wrong, that's why you should change it. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Rotation, keep it fresh. I think we looked more balanced with him in the team to allow Mcginn and Grealish to go forward. 

As @TRO has mentioned many times in this league you need a big defender that is good in the air first and foremost.

It’s a very direct league with lots of crosses and set pieces. Bruce used to get a lot of stick for playing Jedinak at the back but I never thought he was that bad.

My anger with Bruce about playing him there was down to him playing players out of position instead of getting cover. I actually think he always did ok.

Jedinak does ok at cb - but only on a short term basis - couple of games does ok - week in week out he makes mistakes.

I reckon he will be ok today.

9 hours ago, Dave J said:

Wingers TRO - it's an age old issue.

if you get one in 6/7 from them your doing ok 

Just been observing other teams offerings like Norwich's Hernandez and Brighton's Knockaert......Snoddy is another one who joins in the physical encounter......We can't afford passengers when we are going for promotion.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Just been observing other teams offerings like Norwich's Hernandez and Brighton's Knockaert......Snoddy is another one who joins in the physical encounter......We can't afford passengers when we are going for promotion.

Knockaert at this level was unbelievable for Brighton, hasn’t been consistent in the premier league sadly, I imagine although he is loved by Brighton that he won’t be there for much longer, maybe get him in on loan next season if we don’t go up. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dave J said:

I hope you are right - why do u think Whelan will start?

14 hours ago, terrytini said:

I also think Whelan will start.

He was rested in midweek, for a reason, in my view, in order that he play tomorrow. Rightly so, as he’s been a key player in our excellent run. Even more important with the changes at the back.

Agreed. I think Whelan makes our best 11 but simply hasn't got the legs to play 5/6 games on the bounce. 

Good decision imo to give him a little rest in readiness for today. 

Fair play.

To win and create that many chances against a play off rival with only 1 natural cb available coupled with our most creative outfielder being out is an amazing achievement. I can't do anything more than to praise the coaching staff and players after today.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I think it shows that this squad is now thriving off one and other. Today does look like we don't need Grealish to win, it's fantastic from the players, that's for sure. There energy on the pitch is now translating to wins for us. I think other teams this late in the season are also starting to look burnt out quicker than what we are. We sure have picked a good time to revive a playoff push when many were counting us out.

Well done Villa..

• Like 1

Â