Dean Smith

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

how you get a team down to 10 men and losing to win like that I have no idea

Yep, that was some turnaround. 

I spoke with my Dad on the phone at half time and we both said we looked toothless but my Dad believed we could still turn it around. I said "well, I suppose Smith could remind them that they are playing a team that's in the bottom three for a reason, they are generally poor". Maybe Smith reminded the players of the calibre of opposition and gave them belief that this Villa team could beat that Rotherham team with 10 men? 

• Like 1

I was doubting him around January-February, after a run of dreadful performances, but I'm back in love with the Villa, thanks Dean.

Yes, I'm fickle , what of it?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Big credit to DS and the team for the run over the last 7/8 games, looking at the run:

Stoke : draw

Derby : 4-0

SHA : 1-0 (who have drawn with Sheff utd & beaten Leeds in their last 2 games)

Forest : 3-1

Boro : 3-0

Blackburn : 2-1 (who beat Derby yesterday)

Sheff Wed : 3-1 (who beat Forest yesterday, as well as taking points off Stoke, Derby & Sheff Utd in the last 6 weeks)

Rotheram : - 2-1 (after being down to 10 men for 2/3 of the game and fighting back from 1-0 down - Rotheram also beat Forest a few weeks ago)

wonderful stuff, regardless of whether we get promoted this season, i cant wait to see what a proper DS Villa will look like once he has a full pre season and transfer window.

Edited by MaVilla

Murdered them second half.

We should have had four. Hourihane two great chances and couple of good cutback opportunities that came to nothing.

Two up away with ten men. Wow.

29 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Fantastic reaction from Deano after that first half. Got it absolutely spot on.

Dean Smith at half time v Rotherham tonight - "Come on lads, we've won 6 on the spin and in the play-offs. There's only one goal in it and we're playing the team third from bottom. They're in that position for a reason, they are consistently not very good so let's get out there, get stuck into them and see how they handle the pressure of this Villa team - we can win this". 

Steve Bruce at half time v Rotherham tonight - "Right lads, we're down to 10 so let's keep it tight hey and if we're still only one down with 5 or 10 to go, I'll throw on big Keinan and see if we can win ourselves a few knock-downs and maybe pick up enough pieces to have one or two cracks at goal. Remember though, let's not get carried away, we don't want to be losing by 2 or 3 now". 

• Like 4

Â