Dean Smith

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Our modern day Ron Saunders. Add that to the fact that he's one of our own. Not since Brian Little was leading the way have I had such genuine affection for a manager. 

The feeling he's installed around the club is to be applauded .

I love him and think he is a top coach with a very bright future ahewad of him.

I do find his press conferences a bit boring though. Not that it matters. 

He's got a few things wrong this season, but mostly he's done well in my opinion.

Last night was a great night for him - sensible rotation of players, good positive subs in very difficult circumstances, good tactically, and 3 points. Plus a great yellow card for getting angry with the officials. 

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

52% win percentage now. Incredible considering it includes a run of 2 wins in 13 games. We've been absolutely scintillating either side of that run.

Sorry, pedantic itch that needs scratching.

It’s 48.3% - 14 wins from 29 league games. Or 1.79 points per game for sne if he’s reading this.

As is now typical when discussing his win rate - for games in which Jack plays it’s now 75% or about 2.4 points per game.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Sorry, pedantic itch that needs scratching.

It’s 48.3% - 14 wins from 29 league games. Or 1.79 points per game for sne if he’s reading this.

As is now typical when discussing his win rate - for games in which Jack plays it’s now 75% or about 2.4 points per game.

Damn I counted it twice and got 15 wins out of 29.

If he wins on Saturday it will be a cool 50%. That 75% stat is ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I love him and think he is a top coach with a very bright future ahewad of him.

I do find his press conferences a bit boring though. Not that it matters. 

Since when have press conferences been exciting ?

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Our modern day Ron Saunders. Add that to the fact that he's one of our own. Not since Brian Little was leading the way have I had such genuine affection for a manager. 

The feeling he's installed around the club is to be applauded .

I agree - I have to confess I was excited when Lambert got the job and very dissapointed it never worked out for him. But I totally get what you say about Brian.

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Congratulations to Smith on the Manager of the month award. Thoroughly deserved! 

10 internet points to anyone who can provide stats to disprove the dreaded myth that the award  jinxes the next result. Anyone...please!

Thoroughly deserved to win manager of the month. Let's keep winning and maybe he'll win two manager of the months in succession ;) 

I have to say I had my doubts about Dean when we were on that terrible run, but I always felt he was the best appointment for us and he's clearly got Villa in his blood. I love his positive style of play and he's got us playing some of our best football since the 90s under Ron Atkinson and Brian Little, albeit in the Championship and not the Prem.

If smith tinkers with it to try and shoehorn Kodjia back in it will be a recipy for disaster.

Kodj and Jedi done a job against an old skool physical long ball outfit. But bristol play different game. so leave that horse for the millmoor course. The only change should be the centre half. hause should return.

The team tomorrow will look like the team when smith took over in nov with no minger. we are back to having a suspect defence. but our attacking firepower is such that we should fear no one at Villa Park.

so it's tora tora tora tomorrow.

Â