Dean Smith

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, holtend4life said:

Sounds like they’ve got financial issues overhanging them aswell. 

The pressure mounts for them.

No way would West Brom ever find an owner or two as rich as what our owners are, if that appears to be the case financially..

Most they are getting as a new owner is a corner shop owner or the happy shopper product owner.

Edited by Dave-R

Couldn't see the game at the weekend but thrilled at the result and our position in the table now.

Sounds like it was a game we didn't perform that well in but did enough in the end to win. You don't mind them when they're not the norm, and it's a sign of a good team (as per the cliche) that we win those games when they come along rather than lose them.

You'd like to think we'll beat Rotherham midweek which will make our position even stronger. It's looking exciting now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Still loving this guys philosophy.

I was heartened to hear Smith say post match he should have made changes earlier. Recognizing Bruce out thought him was to be applauded. I do think wholesale changes for Rotterdam might be coming. Which might be the right thing I am willing to accept Smith's decision either way.

Good times. :)

But will we make any changes for Liverpool or Rome?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, terrytini said:

Me too, and I think the reason for the manic celebrations on Saturday was as much this as the goals going in or the importance of the points. Everyone felt it, that at last, we were on our way, properly.

We now, finally, at long long last, have the look and swagger, the feel, of a Winning Team, the sort that score late, the sort that go behind but Win, the sort that other Teams worry about ( rather than vice versa).

That might just be influenced by Claret and Blue Specs......( Leeds, Sheffield, Norwich fans would all say “ so do we”, and fair enough)....but that’s how it’s supposed to be.

Whether it’s Deano, the local players, the feeling that Mings has always belonged here, the knowledge we have wealthy owners, I don’t know.

But it feels like much more than a decent run, this time, it feels like the beginning of something very special.

It might not be, but that’s for another day. For now, I’m as full of hope, excitement, anticipation, and , I’m delighted to say, joy, about our Club as I’ve been for longer than I can remember.

Up The Villa !

Too true, there is a totally different mindset about the place which can only bode well for the future of our one true unconditional love.

• Like 1

West Brom I think have sealed there fate in getting rid of Moore, that defeat today says alot. West Brom fans are not happy and they are right, they have pretty much sabotaged there own season. They still need five points to get to 82 points which we can't get to only 82 points, that's if we win all our games.

Leeds only need 3 more points to reach that 82 mark. One win for them shuts us out of automatic and they have five games left to play. It's a tall order but I can't see them messing all five up. Leeds are well Leeds they will win a few, maybe draw some but we can only hope they mess them all up.

Sheffield utd have six games to play, they reach 82 points if they get five more points from there remaining six games. Tomorrow will tell how utd are, there's a real possibility that utd could stall on points.

Bristol are chasing that automatic as well in hope teams mess up and they to can capitalise on that last place. Two points ahead of us and with also six games left.

I do think it's asking to much to chase that automatic but should we stop, no we shouldn't as anything could happen in what has been such a crazy season in this championship.

Six games left, Smith knows miracles can happen, he has the goodies to aid him chase that automatic, unless any of those teams shut us out by reaching 82 points. Smith has his team firing in every direction, all he needs is alot of luck along the way and we might not have to even have to play the play offs. Bristol are becoming a concern in the playoffs, the way they are playing, they are on point for a play off place and are looking the most dangerous. If we can't get auto then we have to bring our A game every step of the way as there are some very talented teams to play against in the play offs.

I'll remain positive that we can achieve the premier, I think If not this season then certainly we could aim to dominate next season for an automatic.

Â