Dean Smith

Demitri_C

This season we have now won 6 games that we have gone behind in. (2 under Bruce). 

To put that in to perspective I think we only managed to win 3 games that we went behind in over the past 2 seasons. So basically if we went behind more often than not a point was the best we could hope for. 

This is no longer the case!

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Again I didn't get to see the game, was it good all?? hope you all enjoyed it who went.

Dean is doing a fantastic job, seven wins and were actually bringing games back from a loss which shows character from the players. They seem to really believe at the moment that the game isn't lost till that final whistle blows, it's brilliant that Smith has managed to install that into the them, not a chance that this would of happened last season. The mentality of this team at this moment you would put a bet in them taking us back to the promise land.

Keep the fight going, the lads look hungry now and for a while I myself had said some hadn't looked hungry for a while, at the moment I'll take back my words.

I think Smith if he gets us to the premier could one day if he plays it right, be compared along side some of the top managers the premier has seen. I know it's a tall order but Smith could be on course for being our very best manager ever, time will tell on that though, does have a long way to go with how far he can take us, I do have faith in him and I would love us to win trophy's under him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

2 up front away from home with 10 men.

I love it.

It's everything we've been asking for, for years. We've suffered for so long, it looks like our patience is finally being rewarded.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

Bruce laid the foundations to where we are now though. 

Well he signed Mcginn so he laid that foundation.

My post wasn’t a criticism of Bruce though. It was more about how we played previously. It was a lot more about keeping solid and winning by the odd goal. Which was great in most games but when we went behind we’d struggle with a plan B. 

It’s good we don’t seem to have that issue at the moment. 

• Like 1

To say that us now and us under Bruce share any resemblances is utter shite!! It us chalk and cheese. What has been achieved by DS given mostly the same tools as SB is remarkable! Bruce no way near laid any foundations for how our team is organised, manages the game and has this confidence/attitude now!

• Like 4

Cracking result for him last night. 1-0 a penalty missed, and one of best players sent off - it would have been easy to fold - to get a point would have been an achievement, to get all 3 is quite simply stunning - we looks odds on for the play offs now. - some achievement when taking over mid season.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Again I didn't get to see the game, was it good all?? hope you all enjoyed it who went.

Dean is doing a fantastic job, seven wins and were actually bringing games back from a loss which shows character from the players. They seem to really believe at the moment that the game isn't lost till that final whistle blows, it's brilliant that Smith has managed to install that into the them, not a chance that this would of happened last season. The mentality of this team at this moment you would put a bet in them taking us back to the promise land.

Keep the fight going, the lads look hungry now and for a while I myself had said some hadn't looked hungry for a while, at the moment I'll take back my words.

I think Smith if he gets us to the premier could one day if he plays it right, be compared along side some of the top managers the premier has seen. I know it's a tall order but Smith could be on course for being our very best manager ever, time will tell on that though, does have a long way to go with how far he can take us, I do have faith in him and I would love us to win trophy's under him.

Our modern day Ron Saunders. Add that to the fact that he's one of our own. Not since Brian Little was leading the way have I had such genuine affection for a manager. 

The feeling he's installed around the club is to be applauded .

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This season we have now won 6 games that we have gone behind in. (2 under Bruce). 

To put that in to perspective I think we only managed to win 3 games that we went behind in over the past 2 seasons. So basically if we went behind more often than not a point was the best we could hope for. 

This is no longer the case!

Can think of 2 from last year off the top of my head, Sheff Wed where we went behind twice in the first half & QPR. Also quite a few late draws i guess.

With all 3 managers in this league we have been involved in an awful lot of late goals in both directions

42 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Can think of 2 from last year off the top of my head, Sheff Wed where we went behind twice in the first half & QPR. Also quite a few late draws i guess.

With all 3 managers in this league we have been involved in an awful lot of late goals in both directions

Yeah the other one was reading away in Bruce’s first season. I can’t think of any others. 

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Cracking result for him last night. 1-0 a penalty missed, and one of best players sent off - it would have been easy to fold - to get a point would have been an achievement, to get all 3 is quite simply stunning - we looks odds on for the play offs now. - some achievement when taking over mid season.

Have you come around ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â