Tammy Abraham

Villaphan04

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I've been living under a rock for the past days.

What's the story? He's going to Wolves? Back to Chelsea?

It started out with rumours Wolves had made a bid and it was accepted, and the sky was falling. That turned out to be complete bollocks. It was pointed out at the time that due to an un23 game with Chelsea, he wasn't even eligible to play for Wolves.

Now the story is Chelsea are recalling him and loaning him to Wolves. I'm not sure if the ineligibility thing has been refuted.

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

The Daily Express said this at half time or reported it saying we would make the annoucment at half time? And if so, how the f*** would they know?

It was actually BT Sport, I was watching. Their reporter at the ground said he had spoken to a “club official” and that there would be an announcement at HT. I agree it sounds odd but that’s the story the express ran.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1067679/Aston-Villa-transfer-news-Chelsea-Tammy-Abraham/amp

According to BT Sport reporter Chris Ford, Villa will confirm to fans at half-time of their FA Cup clash with Swansea.

And it's expected to be bad news as they are poised to confirm Abraham is leaving the club.

So, did they announce at half time today that Abraham would be leaving? If so, why on earth would anyone be so stupid to do that? 

I'm guessing that didn't happen but the suggestion that it would is just insane.

Maybe the guy who said it would happen was being trusted with that information just to suss him out as someone who gobs off too much?

No they didn't announce anything at half time.

Smith said in his post match interview that no one has told him Abraham has left, he had heard he was watching at Villa Park today (poor lad) and that he expected to see him in training on Monday.

We will see.

Can't believe the BT reporter fell for that, since when in the history of football has there ever been a half time announcement? (other than the winner of some random kids tournament going on at the time on the pitch)

Chris Ford has been well and truly had 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

It started out with rumours Wolves had made a bid and it was accepted, and the sky was falling. That turned out to be complete bollocks. It was pointed out at the time that due to an un23 game with Chelsea, he wasn't even eligible to play for Wolves.

Now the story is Chelsea are recalling him and loaning him to Wolves. I'm not sure if the ineligibility thing has been refuted.

It wasn't complete bollocks.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It wasn't complete bollocks.

Yeah wolves bid Chelsea rejected the offer. But i have a feeling they may loan him to wolves now.

Was surprising why no other premier league club made a loan bid for him earlier 

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Smith has just said that he doesn't think Tammy has played his last game for us. He was at training yesterday the game today and expects him at training on Monday.

He will go , leaves a huge hole to fill as neither kodjia or Hogan have the desire and finishing prowess thwt Tammy had .

31 minutes ago, Eastie said:

He will go , leaves a huge hole to fill as neither kodjia or Hogan have the desire and finishing prowess thwt Tammy had .

I think he is going too. His head has been swayed I think. 

I might be biased but I think its a pointless move. Wolves are not going to get in top 6 it will be mid table football. Smith and co have him in the form of his life. He could get a bigger move in the summer I feel.

• Like 1

Sounds like some kind of money management for some reason if this “loan” goes through. I expect it’s actually a purchase in all but name for reasons that suit Chelsea or Wolves.

Just waiting on Fifa approval before it goes through is my assumption.

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he is going too. His head has been swayed I think. 

I might be biased but I think its a pointless move. Wolves are not going to get in top 6 it will be mid table football. Smith and co have him in the form of his life. He could get a bigger move in the summer I feel.

Potential stepping stone to bigger things mate. The dingles will find out what it’s like to hit that celing that we used to repeatedly bang our heads on.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

Â